Blue ray to hd?

vbimport

is it possible to convert blue ra to hd format?

Sure, all you need is an HD-DVD burner.

[QUOTE=raymondtrudeau;2046895]is it possible to convert blue ra to hd format?[/QUOTE]

BD is HD!!!"

what i mean to say is i know you can convert blue ray to hd(dead format)for the toshiba dvd player…can i convert hd( toshiba) to blue ray then burn it to dl disc?

Yes you can convert Blu-ray to HD DVD but not sure with what softwares (read about it but haven’t tried myself)

Yes you can convert HD DVD to Blu-ray and burn it to DVD DL discs but you will need a PS3, standalone blu-ray player, or PC blu-ray to playback.

[QUOTE=zaina;2047311]Yes you can convert Blu-ray to HD DVD but not sure with what softwares (read about it but haven’t tried myself)

Yes you can convert HD DVD to Blu-ray and burn it to DVD DL discs but you will need a PS3, standalone blu-ray player, or PC blu-ray to playback.[/QUOTE]

are you able to point me to the thread that you read on how to convert blue ray to hd…

i know there is a thread on how to go from hd to blue ray but i do not have a blueray player yet just a hd player.thanks

I read on doom9 someone trying to convert hd-dvd to blu-ray but it’s messier than blu-ray to hd-dvd. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=122961

I don’t think the guy successful but it’s doable.

But with the amount of good blu-ray movies out there or will be out there I don’t think it worth to spend so much time tweaking on it (hd-dvd to blu-ray). Plus you will need a blu-ray drive to rip it first, so might as well use the blu-ray drive to playback?

Really? Didn’t even know that was an option. I guess I will need to do some digging. :wink:

hmm, that guy didn’t make it and yeah it’s a pain to convert hd-dvd to blu-ray (as well blu-ray to hd-dvd or blu-ray to dvd9), and with more and more blu-ray movies out there you might as well just buy a blu player!