Blue-Ray RW LG BH10LS30, Buffer-level 0%

vbimport

Hi.
I buyed the LG BH1LS30 last week and burned with Nero 10 1 CD, 1 DVD-R and 1 DVD-R DL. I also burned label sites with LightScribe. Everything works very fine and quick. But the buffer level was 0% or 4%. Is that the Firmware problem or what? I never saw that. Firmware of my LG is 1.00 and there is no newer version on the LG website. My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit.
Thanks

Hi teslax.

Please dont crosspost, it’s not nice and also it’s against forum rules.

If your burn speeds are ok then it should be a firmware problem, unfortunately you will have to wait for LG to fix it.

[QUOTE=teslax;2528569]Hi.
I buyed the LG BH1LS30 last week and burned with Nero 10 1 CD, 1 DVD-R and 1 DVD-R DL. I also burned label sites with LightScribe. Everything works very fine and quick. But the buffer level was 0% or 4%. Is that the Firmware problem or what? I never saw that. Firmware of my LG is 1.00 and there is no newer version on the LG website. My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit.
Thanks[/QUOTE]
I don’t think you have anything to worry about. It appears to be more a problem with programs reporting the buffer level than the buffer itself. I also get good burns with DVD media, but the burn graphs with DVD media do not show a buffer level, while BD-R burns show a normal-looking buffer level.

Yes it is firmware “problem”. I saw one thread on imgburn forum with the same problem. I have this drive myself, buffer is only shown correctly when burning Blu-ray’s. On CD and DVD it is not shown (or it is 4%), but everything is fine, so nothing to worry about.

Just a quick update: I upgraded firmware to version 1.00.09, and now buffer level is presented as it should.