Blue Ray Forums?

vbimport

I’ve noticed that Blue Ray single layer media is coming down in price and can be found for about 2x the cost of DL media with 3x the capacity. So, once the burners get out of the stratosphere… they can be a viable backup solution to 500gb-2tb drives.

So that means we should begin our thorough discussion of the tech once adoption begins (hopefully later this year… these companies will have the courage to break the $100 price barrier for drives).

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2509807]I’ve noticed that [B]Blue Ray[/B] single layer media is coming down in price and can be found for about 2x the cost of DL media with 3x the capacity. So, once the burners get out of the stratosphere… they can be a viable backup solution to 500gb-2tb drives.

So that means we should begin our thorough discussion of the tech once adoption begins (hopefully later this year… these companies will have the courage to break the $100 price barrier for drives).[/QUOTE]

Eh? It’s still called BLU-RAY.

When the price is right… blu-ray will be your optical disc of choice. No + or - formats to cause chaos. No god forsaken -ram standard, and don’t get me started about Mt. Rainer

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Rainier_(packet_writing))

Who cares?