Blu-Rays not recognized anymore

Hi everyone (and forgive my english … I’m french !),

I have ripped several blu-rays with DVDFAB without major issues until now (except maybe the fact that with some discs, the ripping began normally but became slower and slower, taking 10 hours in the end…).

But since last week (and I really don’t see what I’ve done fot it to change !), Dvdfab doesn’t recognize blu-ray discs anymore … and not even my blu-ray drive !

Actually, there is no problem with dvd’s but when I insert a Blu-ray, it doesn’t see it, just like nothing happened and the “drive info” bar stays blank.

Windows recognizes my drive, anydvdHD still rips blu-rays without problems (but it’s not as good as dvdfab, specially for choosing what to rip and what not to)… So my LG drive seems ok.

Maybe this can help : I wanted to update my drive’s firmware and downloaded the most recent one.

Even though I discovered that my drive was already up to date, I tried to launch it but it says my drive can’t be found.

Any idea ?

Please help me !!!

Hi, hope this can be of some help…

It sounds like you tried to update the firmware on your drive – even though the version you downloaded was the same as the one your using ?

This to me seems to be “what has changed” and now DVDFab is having trouble seeing this.

I really don’t know too much about BlueRay or the firmware upgrades but the can you roll back the ‘old’ version of the firmware ?

If that did not work, what about a clean install of DVDFab ?

And lastly a little drastic you could do a system restore from before the changes where made to see if this helps.

Sorry I cannot offer more but a few suggestions.

Also if this does not work, post again and include all of your system details, O/S, Drive details, software versions etc… and hopefully someone else can help further.

Thanks a lot for your answer.
I tried to update my drive [I]after[/I] the problem began with dvdfab (and trying to solve it), so it can’t be the cause.
And even with an older firmware, it says my drive can’t be found…

But you’re right, I’ll try to reinstall dvdfab and if it doesn’t work, I’ll post my specs here.

Thanks again.

I don’t know obviously what your dvd player is but if it’s not being seen then maybe you need to reinstall the drivers for that player, just a thought.

So… I’ve just uninstalled and reinstalled DVDfab 6.0.2.2 : still doesn’t wok.
My blu-ray drive is LG GGW-H20L, and as I said, I can’t reinstall its driver as the firmware updater doesn’t see the drive !..
Please someone help me !!!

[QUOTE=vinvin33;2302434]So… I’ve just uninstalled and reinstalled DVDfab 6.0.2.2 : still doesn’t wok.
My blu-ray drive is LG GGW-H20L, and as I said, I can’t reinstall its driver as the firmware updater doesn’t see the drive !..
Please someone help me !!![/QUOTE]

Your drive’s firmware, and the driver needed to make your drive work are two different things.

If Windows can still ‘see’ your BD drive, you can uninstall it in Windows Explorer. Just find the drive in W.E., and right click on it. The uninstall option should be right there.

After it’s uninstalled, you’ll have to re-boot your system to get the drivers to re-load and ‘install’ the drive.

After you’ve re-booted, run Fab and see if it will ‘see’ the drive now.

Let us know.

OC

:slight_smile:

Hi vinvin33
Was wondering if you have followed OC’s advise on un-installing, than re-booting, if you have and did every thing re-install, if not, then you will need to manually install the drivers, I am also attaching a link to LG’s firmware page, your firm ware should be at YL05.

http://www.firmwarehq.com/LG/GGW-H20L/files.html
good luck :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=OCanada;2302446]Your drive’s firmware, and the driver needed to make your drive work are two different things.

If Windows can still ‘see’ your BD drive, you can uninstall it in Windows Explorer. Just find the drive in W.E., and right click on it. The uninstall option should be right there.

After it’s uninstalled, you’ll have to re-boot your system to get the drivers to re-load and ‘install’ the drive.

After you’ve re-booted, run Fab and see if it will ‘see’ the drive now.

Let us know.

OC

:)[/QUOTE]

Sometimes, I should take my own advice…sorry about that…you can’t do it from Windows Explorer.

Instead, go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager. When the list of all your system devices is up, look for your BD drive (probably in CD/DVD-ROM Devices), then right click it and uninstall it.

Then re-boot, let Windows re-install it, and then try it again.

OC

:o

Well, I’ve done it all, but still nothing.
I’m so lost…
Should I unplug the drive from the computer and replug it ? (it’s SATA)

Sorry to hear that vinvin,
OK lets start from the beginning,is your"My Computer" icon on your desk top our is it still in control panel, either way> right click on the My Computer icon > left click on explore > do you see the image of the DVD drive there, if your answer is yes then your sata cables are fine, if the answer is no then yes check your cables they could be lose or even faulty if the latter then install new ones. I would assume then that the tray opens and closes meaning you have power.OK next step assuming all the above is working in explorer, then go back to the "My Computer " icon and again R. click on My Computer and go all the way to the bottom of the window and L. click on properties > then L. click on hardware tab > then device manager > click on the + button next to your DVD drive then R. click on that particular drive that is giving you a problem and select uninstall, after it uninstalls > reboot your computer and on boot up it should say found new hardware let it load then go to the LG site for your firmware update. Hopefully this should take care of it, if it doesn’t then I suspect a faulty drive and if that 's the case then you will know what to do.

Thanks, but it’s the same.
The strange thing is that there is no problem with dvd’s, only blu-rays.
And that blu-rays work with Anydvdhd !
So it seems to be something with dvdfab, no ?

[QUOTE=vinvin33;2303099]Thanks, but it’s the same.
The strange thing is that there is no problem with dvd’s, only blu-rays.
And that blu-rays work with Anydvdhd !
So it seems to be something with dvdfab, no ?[/QUOTE]

DVDFab has just started getting involved with Blu-ray so it will take time to work out the kinks in that feature, so use what works best for you until then :slight_smile:

I am curious, I haven’t seen in the posts what your BD setting are in the common setting of Fab.They should be set as seen below.

Read…
DVD/Blu-Ray > I/O mode >auto

Cache Control >box is checked

Blu-Ray > file reading Mode > Internal ( UDF 2.50 Parser + I/O )

Write…
Burn Engine > ImgBurn

Write Speed > Blu-Ray Recommended

then you can make some other setting changes from the link below in ImgBurn.
hope this helps.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/2283364-post7.html

I’m so happy !
Actually, I don’t know if it’s the real reason but my antivirus (nod32) found a virus, I cleaned it with Combofix, and after reboot, dvdfab is working back !!!
@Touchdown : my settings were already these, but thanks a lot to all of you for your help, you made me keeping “the faith” !

Glad to here it got fixed.

:bigsmile: