Blu-ray

vbimport

Having problems with copying blu-ray movies. I dont understand why I have to be on the net to open the bluray? Plus when fab reads the disc it takes a while and i notice the movie display window is very jerky and slow. By the time fab has read the disc the display window is still at the beginning of the movie. Is there or do I need a better codec than what is supplied with dvdfab blu-ray for the movie display? I have checked dma because read speed is extremely slow.
thanks in advance.

Hi im_catinhiding,
what is your video card ?
ATI or Nvidia, or some other ?

Nvidia. Do you happen to know the minimum computer requirements thatDvdFab bluray needs to function? cpu-ram-etc? Could be I am just underpowered.

[QUOTE=im_catinhiding;2468642]Nvidia. Do you happen to know the minimum computer requirements thatDvdFab bluray needs to function? cpu-ram-etc? Could be I am just underpowered.[/QUOTE]
You would need about 50gbs of free hdd space and a minimum of 1gb of RAM, I prefer alot more, a good processor at least dual core, and a bluray drive. This is just starter requirements.

I don’t know what the minimum requirements are, but I would think if your cpu is a single core 2.7 and higher would be good, if running a dual core 2.2 and up .
for RAM I would think 2GBs +.
and a video card generation 6 and up, keep in mind these are just a guess from me,so don’t take them as legitimate.
what are your system specs ?

sorry Alan didn’t see you there when I started my post.

[B]These are the requirements on the Fab site[/B]

[B]System Requirements[/B]

[ul]
[li]Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 (32-bit/64-bit)[/li]> [li]Pentium II 500 MHz[/li]> [li]512 MB of RAM[/li]> [li]50 GB of Free Hard Disk Space[/li]> [li]A Blu-ray Drive[/li]> [li]Internet Connection[/li]> [/ul]

A Pentium 2 at 500mhz??? I guess i dont understand why my read is so slow then as I have 2.5g ram, 260g hd and 2.3 processor. Because of the bluray do you need a better codec for the direct show to play well?

what is the disc you are trying to back up, and have you had this problem with other disc’s ?

I am totally new to bluray. I have had a few years with dvd5’s and 9’s with dvd to dvd. I can do a dvd5 in 15-20 minutes usually but bluray seems to take forever as the read rate is super slow.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2468658][B]These are the requirements on the Fab site[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah despite what that states I’d say 50GB is a more than a bit overly optimistic as Windows needs some headroom.

IMO 100GB is more like the acceptable minimum.

I suppose it’s a bit academic though anyway as the vast majority of peoples systems would be way beyond these specs nowadays.

[B]Wombler[/B]