Blu-ray will soon beat DVD player sales

vbimport

I just posted the article Blu-ray will soon beat DVD player sales.

You remember about half a year ago? We were continously reporting about the war between HD DVD and Blu-ray. Most of us thought it would take some time before both would become mainstream, or either…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14671-Blu-ray-will-soon-beat-DVD-player-sales.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14671-Blu-ray-will-soon-beat-DVD-player-sales.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

This article is so loaded with bullcrap that I almost threw up. Sales are down because lack of supplies? How about sales are down because Blu-Ray players are expensive as hell along with the movies! In a time of economic hardship for many with high gas pices and with Standard DVDs looking really great upconverted for a fraction of the cost, who is going to throw down $400 for a player?

@Jrosado so true… and $400 for a player is not the highest price, some cost even much more. These companies either do not realize the REAL problems in the world or simply fight against the reality… cheap players, cheap movies could help their sales. Nothing else.

One thing that the original article (http://www.videobusiness.com/article/CA6563664.html) stated and wasn’t mentioned here is that these are high end electronics retailers. It’s not large retailers like Best Buy or Walmart.

Blu-ray is the new Vista (chrome-plated turd). :r

There is no way in hell that Bluray will top the sale of SD DVD players by this August. That’s only 60-90 days for crying out loud. PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE! :frowning: “Retailers say that Blu-ray player sales have not picked up due to the lack of consumer interest but rather due a lack of supllies. According to them the demand for Blu-ray players has exceeded demand for ‘normal’ DVD players since the format war has stopped.” HAHAHHAHA! What a crock of sh*t! :B I predict that you will see fire sales of Bluray 1.1 players as the retailers are tired of them taking up shelf space. THese will be sold at a loss and may or may not bundle a couple loser BD films like Talledega Nights etc. I also would not be surprised to see the Bluray players join Zune, in that they will be pulled from the shelves to make way for something that does sell, so the retailer can pay his/her employees. :d Shelf space is valuable- BD players are not. At least not right now.
This message was edited at: 27-05-2008 16:15

@ Crabbyappleton Agreed. They’re going to be selling profile 1.1 players well below cost when profile 2.0 comes out. I don’t know how long the lineup will be to buy them, but I’m pretty sure you and I will be doing something completely different. D-Day: War’s over, man. Wormer dropped the big one. Bluto: Over? Did you say “over”? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when Sony bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! Otter: Sony? Boon: Forget it, he’s rolling. Bluto: And it ain’t over now. ‘Cause when the goin’ gets tough… the tough get goin’! Who’s with me? Let’s go!
This message was edited at: 27-05-2008 16:32

I think they forgot to post the ending of that article. "…and then they woke up " :B

Supply problems? Who are they kidding? Every retailer that I have been in that carries Blu-ray has stacks of unsold players sitting on shelves. This sounds like the retailers and manufacturers trying to create a false reality to drive sales. Give me a break.

In Sony’s dreams/

When I read this I was thinking it was an April Fool’s joke… Then I realised we are in May… At least I got a good laugh out of it…

What a bunch of horse crap! Best Buy has them stacked up under the counters more than any other player. Who in their right mind would buy this expensive crap during the current financial crunch worldwide? And no thanx, DVD’s were overpriced as it was, BR discs are worse, so forget it, not when 1 disc = 1 tank of gas in a small car.

plenty of unsold players here. they are not selling amazingly because the non film fanatic majority dont care about getting a slightly better picture with blu ray, compared to normal dvd, which movies are much cheaper anyway and do their job well enough. Blu ray may have won the high definition war but it may not last as long as dvd if sales are anything to go by