Blu Ray which to choose?

[QUOTE=vroom;2640281]The name TEAC has a huge history, mainly on Hi-Fi.
They produce some outstanding cassette decks and CD players, their VRDS line was a THE CHOICE for good audio quality.

TEAC was also in the optical drives market back in the CD-RW days, so if the drive is a pionner clone it should be a good option, that’s if you can find it.

What BD drives are available on your area?[/QUOTE]

LG
Liteon
Samsung
Pioneer

[QUOTE=RockmanX;2640303]LG
Liteon
Samsung
Pioneer[/QUOTE]

Putting some translation to Portuguese…

Greetings RockmanX. (Saudações RockmanX - é o mesmo usuário do CriminalCafe e do Adrenaline ? )

Good options in Brazil (Boas opções no Brasil ) :

• LG WH12LS30/38
  • LG WH14NS40
  • iHBS 112/212

LG burners are solid and I don’t have problems with them. I’m using 3 models ( GGW-H20L, BH08LS20 and BH12LS30 ). ( Gravadores LG são sólidos e não tive maiores problemas com eles. )

LiteOn burners may be picky about the BD media used, in special considering the low quality media selled in Brazil. ( Gravadores LiteOn podem ser meio chatos dependendo da midia BD usada, considerando especialmente as mídias de baixa qualidade vendidas no Brasil )

The LiteOn drives are cheaper. ( Os drives LiteOn são mais baratos que os LG )

[QUOTE=zhadoom;2640319]Putting some translation to Portuguese…

Greetings RockmanX. (Saudações RockmanX - é o mesmo usuário do CriminalCafe e do Adrenaline ? )

Good options in Brazil (Boas opções no Brasil ) :

• LG WH12LS30/38
  • LG WH14NS40
  • iHBS 112/212

LG burners are solid and I don’t have problems with them. I’m using 3 models ( GGW-H20L, BH08LS20 and BH12LS30 ). ( Gravadores LG são sólidos e não tive maiores problemas com eles. )

LiteOn burners may be picky about the BD media used, in special considering the low quality media selled in Brazil. ( Gravadores LiteOn podem ser meio chatos dependendo da midia BD usada, considerando especialmente as mídias de baixa qualidade vendidas no Brasil )

The LiteOn drives are cheaper. ( Os drives LiteOn são mais baratos que os LG )[/QUOTE]

Sou sim eu mesmo…rsrs

Eu acabei optando pelo LG WH14NS40, não sabia que a Liteon estava ruim assim hein

Qual o seu nick no Criminal e Adrenaline ?

Yes I’m the same … lol

I ended up opting for WH14NS40 LG, Liteon did not know was that bad huh

What is your nickname on Criminal and Adrenaline?

[QUOTE=RockmanX;2640321]Sou sim eu mesmo…rsrs

Eu acabei optando pelo LG WH14NS40, não sabia que a Liteon estava ruim assim hein

Qual o seu nick no Criminal e Adrenaline ?

Yes I’m the same … lol

I ended up opting for WH14NS40 LG, Liteon did not know was that bad huh

What is your nickname on Criminal and Adrenaline?[/QUOTE]

Adrenaline, Criminalcafe => vorlon

LiteOn BD drives isn’t that bad, but lacks support for some medias. ( Drives BD Liteon não são tão ruins, mas pecam pela falta de suporte para midias de alguns fabricantes )

[QUOTE=vroom;2639900]My first choice would be the [B]Pioneer[/B], if you cant find it, then get the [B]LG[/B].[/QUOTE]

This.

I own the Pioneer 207 and the LiteOn iHBS112 myself and I´m quite satisfied with both of them.
If You want to burn LTH media with decent quality, don´t choose a LiteOn or a Sony burner.

The LG drive you mentioned isn´t yet available in my country, so I can´t tell You anything about it, but the predecessors are very good, too, so You can´t do much wrong buying one.

I have an LG WH14NS40 & I’m very happy with it. It burns Verbatim 6x and Digistor 6x at 12x. The scans are very good and they play well in Bluray players. I hear that you can burn Sony 6x (NN3-002) at 14x with very good scans. I’m going to get some of the Sony discs and try them out

[QUOTE=Cyber7;2641082]I have an LG WH14NS40 & I’m very happy with it. It [B]burns[/B] Verbatim 6x and [B]Digistor 6x at 12x.[/B] The scans are very good and they play well in Bluray players. I hear that you can burn Sony 6x (NN3-002) at 14x with very good scans. I’m going to get some of the Sony discs and try them out[/QUOTE]

Ouch, who would do that really?? :doh:

I really want to know if what they say is true about the Sony NN3-002 burning at 14x and being ok. Right now I’m shopping for maybe 5 discs to give them a try. If get some I’ll post the results good or bad

Sorry to ressurect this thread but the LG WH14 is on sale today for $60 but the Pioneer is still $25 more. The Pioneer with BDXL is $40 more. Is it worth the extra cash or just go LG?

THanks for the insight!

Forget about BD XL discs for the moment, they are very expensive. LG has some very good BD drives, and if the price is right :wink:

Good points!

Think I am going to roll with the LG. It seems to get good scans on the available 6x media right now.

BDXL is basically inaccessible right now but doesn’t hurt to be future proof. However, by then, I will probably be ready for a new drive.

I’m new to BDRs so this should be fun.

Thanks again.

Any real comparison between Pioneer and LG? :frowning: