Blu-ray Vs. HD DVD: Living next to each other?

I just posted the article Blu-ray Vs. HD DVD: Living next to each other?.

Two days ago we used Screen Digest’s forecast to tell you about next year’s ‘battle break-down’. The last year there was mainly a fight on price, and just a week before Christmas prices for a HD DVD…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13977-Blu-ray-Vs_-HD-DVD-Living-next-to-each-other.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13977-Blu-ray-Vs_-HD-DVD-Living-next-to-each-other.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

HD-DVD player is currently $181 @ Amazon.com (Toshiba A3, IIRC).

every PS3 = on HD player, it’s on the BlueRay camp… so answer is simple and clear to me… As the PS3 will regain its dominance on 2008 (thanx to system sellers named MGS4, Final Fantasy (alone), Killzone, Grand turismo, etc!) 2007 was the 360’s year (incredible games), but 2008 will be sony’s one and back to normal (with sony #1, Nintendo 2 (sadly), and MS 3)

HD-DVD players are cheap? wow, that must mean they’ll win, oh except VHS players are cheap too, but they’re not winning anything, and VCD players are cheap too, but you know what, I just don’t think I’ll buy those either, why? Because it doesn’t have the content I want. This is why Blu-ray is winning. It has the content, backing, and power to take high definition movies now and in the future.
This message was edited at: 27-12-2007 22:06

Better get youre facts together EBE.As of right now Nintendo is #1 outselling Xbox 360 and sorry ass Sony.Xbox 360 will prevail in 2008 just as it did in 2007.Its cheaper and majority of games are better graphics than the PS3 which also to mention killed itself with the prictah that it has.I wouldnt pay 600 for any gaming system especially one with a Sony badge on it.Sony equals overpriced garbage who always tries to lock consumers into propietry software so they have control on what you can and cannot do.The bad thing is people like you who support them which gives them control to do what they do.You might want to wake up and make some more educated decisions !
This message was edited at: 28-12-2007 02:40

“Sony equals overpriced garbage who always tries to lock consumers into propietry software so they have control on what you can and cannot do.” Damn. That’s what I was gonna say. :slight_smile:

I still predict both formats will stick around. The price of dual format players will drop, and once that happens I can’t see either one going away.

The only reason there is any ‘battle’ is because of PS3. If there was no PS3 then HDDVD would have already won. If there was no HDDVD there would be no battle and BluRay would have won but probably would still be tied up in DRM and even more overpriced taking even longer to get to consumer level.