Blu-ray to ps3 sound issue?

Does anyone have a good guide to use? Dvd’s work great with no problems but with blu-rays sound is always an issue. the playstation will not play true, pcmi or dbs. Is there a way around this?? I and streaming from a brand new quadcore beast of a computer to my ps3 using twonky media. Any help would be appreciated.

j

[QUOTE=Lankyhank888;2298055]Does anyone have a good guide to use? Dvd’s work great with no problems but with blu-rays sound is always an issue. the playstation will not play true, pcmi or dbs. Is there a way around this?? I and streaming from a brand new quadcore beast of a computer to my ps3 using twonky media. Any help would be appreciated.

j[/QUOTE]
A guide to what? Are you using DVD Fab Platnium with the Bluray feature? From your post I cannot tell what exactly you need help with. :wink:

DVD Fab(latest version 6.0.2.0) Platnium with blu-ray opition(lifetime). I can rip the blu-ray. I see the file but when i steam it to my ps3 there is no sound. ex. on the source i’m using it has the sound formated as tru… Is there a way to get the sound to work when streaming to the ps3 or do i have to convert the file some how? Dvd’s work great no sound issues. I have had success with some old blu-rays but nothing new. any thoughts?? thanks for the response.
j

Signal! Any thoughts??

If you are asking me, then no, not really. I don’t stream video to any external devices. If the files you’ve made will play on your software player on your PC, than maybe the PS3 does not support the audio from streamed sources, only from disc. Many other users stream to PS3, I’m sure one of them will read this and lend a more experienced hand with better advice than I can offer. Sorry.

How does nobody have a conclusive answer to this question? All I’m looking for is it possible, Yes or no. And if not will it be?

I don’t have BR on my PC but while playing a disk if you select the A/V icon you can select Linear PCM or bitstream. Neither of these work for you?

No sound in PS3 when streaming using Twonky/TVersity is either those softwares don’t stream correctly or PS3 restricted the audio format. I have had these type of problems before and since I don’t want to wait for a fix or PS3 firmware updates, I now go with the safer alternative: connect your PC to your Home Theather/HDTV using DVI/HDMI cable, play the Blu-ray folders in your harddrive with ArcSoft TotalMedia Theather or PowerDVD.

Also, streaming is dependent to your LAN usage. Of course wireless streaming is not possible for blu-ray with hidef sounds.

thanks for the reply. I found a programs that downconverts the tru…hd sound to AC3. So that problem is fixed. but I still cant do anything with LPCM???

I attempted that A/V suggestion with non success

You can convert LPCM to DTS or AC3 but it’s not an easy process. And you will have to mux it back with the video again. And the success rate is less than 100%.

Do you have an AV Receiver with HDMI inputs/outputs?