Blu-ray to Blu-ray Disc Copying

I just posted the article Blu-ray to Blu-ray Disc Coping.

Fengtao software has just released a beta version of its very well known and respected DVDFab, which supports, as a world’s first all-in-one, Blu ray rip, compress and burn.

Read the full article here: [http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/20546-blu-ray-to-blu-ray-disc-coping/](http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/20546-blu-ray-to-blu-ray-disc-coping/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

What codec are the Blu-ray titles ripped to ? H.264/VC-1 ? What is the resulting resolution ?

1 hour 40 mins is pretty fast for converting to BD9, compared to BD Rebuilder from BD50 to BD9 in 3 hours. But what about the quality comparison? Probably unnoticeable for the human eyes. You can check with your PS3 bitrate meter on the same scene, although may not be accurate but worth checking for enthusiast with larger screens.

And this version has no BD+ support still…

Isn’t this title misleading then? It looked like you were copying blu-ray to blu-ray, but what you are actually doing is copying blu-ray to dvd-DL media, so you don’t need a blu-ray writer for this.

Well you can also burn to BD-25 single layer blu-ray discs, in which case you would need a blu-ray writer.

[QUOTE=Dalen Quaice;2444290]Well you can also burn to BD-25 single layer blu-ray discs, in which case you would need a blu-ray writer.[/QUOTE]Correct :iagree:

The codec used on the few rips I have done is VC-1 and I picked 720p, but you can pick 1080p as well.
Quality is as good as BDRebuilder at least it is in my eyes and it is a good deal faster at transcoding.
The properties on the ripped stream is reported as 7727kbps.

Bring on the 50GB BD-R’s !

[QUOTE=zaina;2444163]1 hour 40 mins is pretty fast for converting to BD9, compared to BD Rebuilder from BD50 to BD9 in 3 hours. But what about the quality comparison? Probably unnoticeable for the human eyes. You can check with your PS3 bitrate meter on the same scene, although may not be accurate but worth checking for enthusiast with larger screens.

And this version has no BD+ support still…[/QUOTE]

The reason it take 1 hour and 41 minute instead of three like bd rebuilder. Because DVDFAB doesn’t make use Trellis Algorithm. Turn that on and it will double the time or more to do the same movie. I did with mine set to on and took about twice as long and in some cases even more.

For encoding it relies on x264 encoder

Is there any BD copying program for MAC?

How long before Hollywood has their panties in a wad over this?

What it CAN NOT do is take a AVCHD created movie (using poplular tools that takes MKV files into mini Blu-ray) and shrink them down. We know a lot of these MKV are too big to fit (once processed) on DVD-DL to playback on stand alone AVCHD compliant blu-ray players. If it could do this I would definitely buy it. I tried several ways and failed.

To copy Blu-ray for a 1 to 1 copy with no compression Blindwrite can be used (as long as a decyrpter such as AnyDVD is used too).

but of course compressing to DL DVD would be less costly.

[QUOTE=Z41dQ8;2446767]Is there any BD copying program for MAC?[/QUOTE]

Get Windows 7 and never will you need to ask that question again…

[QUOTE=ivid;2444509]Bring on the 50GB BD-R’s ![/QUOTE]

there are some dual layer BD-R’s out there. Shame they cost more than buying a replacement movie right now.

If you look around (eBay) you will find them to be around $10 if you buy a 5 pack.

Yes still expensive but not close to the cost of replacing the original.

[QUOTE=FreqNasty_RiseS;2451670]there are some dual layer BD-R’s out there. Shame they cost more than buying a replacement movie right now.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=FreqNasty_RiseS;2451668]Get Windows 7 and never will you need to ask that question again…[/QUOTE]

That will be handy… but is there?.. yes (MakeMKV) :stuck_out_tongue:

I was Going to Try DvdFab 5 Platinum 4 Dvd DL But he didn’t Have PayPal
and wanted western Union i’ve Heard To Many Horror Stories from many about
Paying That way. Has Fentago now added Pay pal? It might be worth signing up
with again.

I am interested to know which media was used to do the Blue Ray Back copy test. The DVD Fab people advised to always use Vebatim DVD+R for dual layer only…Never DVD-R. for single layer they recommend Verbatim again, and have had no issues with DVD+R vs DVD-R. In all cases they recommend to buy the blanks only if they are made in S’Pore.

Anybody had any other suggestions or advice?

Hi:

I’ve doing a BD-50 to BD-5 backup on the main movie only, on Die Hard 2. Selected the DTS-HD audio and english subtitle, and chose to write to an ISO file instead of burning to disc.

When I mounted the created BD-5 ISO file using Daemon Tools, and tried playing the file on PDVD9, I the picture quality is pretty good, as it the DTS audio. However, there subtitle doesn’t seemed to be copied/created, although it is in the subtitle menu of PDVD. When I select it there subtitles doesn’t appear.

Anyone seen this issue? Is this a bug?

Tried with 6.1.1.8 Beta as well as 6.1.2.0.