Blu-ray to BD-R, Movie Only

:confused: Okay, I think DVDFab is a great software, and they have done a fantastic job on Backing up DVD’s. The DVD’s I back-up play flawlessly, I love this software. Now we are into Blu-ray, and I would like to do the same thing here. Back-up Blu-rays and put them on a BD-R. The new software 6010 will rip and put the streams on the HDD, but the burning still has problems.

My main questions is, for DVD’s you have two Folders, Audio_TS, and Video_TS. I believe for Blu-ray you have two Folders, BDMV and Certificate. Is this correct, because when I try to play a BD-R with a structure like this my Panasonic Player gets stuck on Play with no Video or Sound. Please Post some suggestions.

Well it looks like nobody knows what I am talking about, but I have a solution. I rip the Blu-ray with DVDFab 6010, and Burn the BD-R with ImgBurn. This does produce the same File Structure for Blu-ray like my Pictures show, but if done properly it will play on my Panasonic BD35.

Hey alchav21, I was hoping you would get an answer too. I haven’t started with the BD yet but am trying to get as much info as possible before I do. I have read thru some other threads that talk about the Panasonic players not playing them because of a BD live removal issue and then like you others have had improvment by using ImgBurn. Good luck.

in the program img burn have you gone in to options and selected udf and 2.50 ? if not your br disks wont be recognised .

I have more information on Backing up Blu-ray Movie Only. I’m using ImgBurn, and yes I do know about UDF 2.50, and had a good Burn with “Appaloosa” ripping the files with AnyDVD it played on my Panasonic BD35 with no problem. The rip I did with DVDFab 6010 of “TransSiberian” didn’t produce a good Burn, it jammed at Play with no Video or Sound. I think the problem is in Sub-Folder PlayList the Command File should be 00001.mpls instead of 00000.mpls. Check the Pics below and let’s hear some comments. :bigsmile:

Come on guys, am I talking over your heads, I need some input. Don’t we have any DVDFab Programmers on this Forum? Those BD-R’s are not cheap, I don’t want anymore coasters.

I don’t know near enough about BluRay, but it looks like you might have come across something. I hope one of the programmers does read your post. It seems the more complex this program gets the less we see of the programmers. I would suggest you use a ReWritable though to test your burn first. It may take more time but save you from making more expensive coasters.

No video/audio doesn’t always mean wrong MPLS. If you want to rule out DVDFab issue, try ripping the same movie and compare. You don’t have to burn it to view the movie, you can use playback software such as Nero Showtime or ArcSoft TrueMedia Theatre to play from your folder in harddisk.

There is also a specialized forum for Blu-ray so if your issue is not specific about DVDFab, here:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f142/

Well I wanted to finalize this Post, I solved this problem it was my Panasonic BD35. The DVDFab software was not the problem. I can Back-up Blu-rays with no problem using ImgBurn. I back them up on BD-R or BD-R DL. I bought a Panasonic BD60 and it played all the Back-up BD Disk that I thought were bad. Panasonic did fix my BD35, and now I have two good BD Players.

[QUOTE=alchav21;2490884]Well I wanted to finalize this Post, I solved this problem it was my Panasonic BD35. The DVDFab software was not the problem. I can Back-up Blu-rays with no problem using ImgBurn. I back them up on BD-R or BD-R DL. I bought a Panasonic BD60 and it played all the Back-up BD Disk that I thought were bad. Panasonic did fix my BD35, and now I have two good BD Players.[/QUOTE]

Hi alchav21

Thanks for updating us on your issue and it’s good to hear you have things worked out and it wasn’t DVDFab :clap: