Blu Ray subtitles

vbimport

Are there any settings for keeping the subtitles in ripping BluRay to Dvd witj DvD Fabhd? I miss a lot of words and the subtitltes are very helpful, but all the rips I have made had none.

Hi durkinjt,
Yes I believe that you need to go into common setting, and under STREAMS / audio / choose from the Available Languages / move it over to Preselected languages.
same can be done for Subpictures as well.

When is there going to be an update for the blu ray portion of DVD Fab??? I paid for it and it doesn’t work on most titles I have bought…Doesn’t seem fair to put a product out there, that people like me have bought, and it doesn’t work properly…I bought Night at the Museum and tried to make a backup and it won’t work…I bought the Hangover and tried to make a backup and the backup won’t play anything other than the opening previews…It’s too expensive to waste money on blu ray discs that don’t work…I’m getting very frustrated here…I realize that blu ray is new and a harder technology but if the program can’t handle it then why sell it???

Hi lebb,
First thing to do when working with BD for the first time is to use a BD-RW or RE,and make sure that you format it before the first use.

then you should take note as to whether or not the movie is BD+ encrypted, Fab is still having some issues with + part.

then are you sure that the region code is set correctly as are your other setting.

then is your hardware current on updates.

I personally have not had any issues with backing up BD movies, with the exception of some BD+ so I wait until fengtao gets the bugs worked out till then no one touches those disc’s till they can be backed up.
hope this helped.
:wink:
PS in the future you should start your own thread.

OK- Here’s another question then…I am trying to use BD rewritable discs and every time I do Fab tells me that the disc has something on it- which it does…It asks me if I want to overwrite the current data and I choose yes…and then the program tells me that the task has failed and it can’t erase the rewritable blu ray disc(error 700)…I’m having nothing but problems with the blu ray part of dvdfab and it’s frustrating…Kinda like having an operating system that doesn’t work right- like windows vista…If I had known this I would have saved my cash…So the problems are beyond BD+ and region codes…As I said I realize the technology is new but it’s frustrating to be able to get no help on so many issues…And I’m not a free user…I paid for the Bluray dvdfab…Right now, it’s pretty useless to me…

[QUOTE=touchdown_1;2476758]Hi lebb,
First thing to do when working with BD for the first time is to use a BD-RW or RE,and make sure that you format it before the first use.

then you should take note as to whether or not the movie is BD+ encrypted, Fab is still having some issues with + part.

then are you sure that the region code is set correctly as are your other setting.

then is your hardware current on updates.

I personally have not had any issues with backing up BD movies, with the exception of some BD+ so I wait until fengtao gets the bugs worked out till then no one touches those disc’s till they can be backed up.
hope this helped.
PS in the future you should start your own thread.[/QUOTE]

For the first few Bd’s I ripped I used DVD Rw’s and went with Dvd5-720
after picking up a few things I was doing wrong and felt I had it down, went to Dvd Dl’s so far all is well, no problems.

That’s always good to hear, congrats.

@lebb [B]you need to format the disc[/B], if you have ImgBurn you can format the disc there, it will not over write any thing, till you have formatted, (heck if you already have purchased the software turn the tables on it don’t let it beat you up)that being said, back to ImgBurn,
if you haven’t done so already down load the latest ver. is 2.5 open it up and under the mode tab check write, then go to the tools tab and put your cursor on the drop down from drive, do a full format, once it is formatted then your good to go, then just play around with the soft ware and if you make a mistake no biggie.

I bought the lifetime fab bluray and am unable to understand why it is so slow for movie only? Takes wayyy to long to convert to a dvd9. Have tried other software that performs quite a bit faster. I guess I have been spoiled with the regular dvdfab. Any updates coming to speed bluray up? It sure needs it.

Hi im_catinhiding,
Only fengtao and his crew know when there will be a new release, as for the time frame in compression, I have found that the time averages out,usually around three to four hours.

[QUOTE=touchdown_1;2476938]I have found that the time averages out,usually around three to four hours.[/QUOTE]

That’s still reasonably quick given the amount of data involved.

I remember the days when DVDs took up to 12 hours and had to be left overnight. :eek: :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2477000]That’s still reasonably quick given the amount of data involved.

I remember the days when DVDs took up to 12 hours and had to be left overnight. :eek: :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

I agree Wombler, the time is relatively fast compared to earlier software, and as this moves forward I am confident the time will improve as well.
:slight_smile:

I did use IMG BUrn to erase/reformat the disc…My question is why does dvd fab- blu ray tell me that the BD_RW disc I have in the drive needs to be erased…It is erased…And further than that, why would it ask me if I want to erase the disc and then tell me the task failed when I said I did want to erase the bd-RW disc…To me, it’s a problem with dvd fab that needs to be addressed…And as I said I’m totally frustrated with dvdd fab blu ray right now…

[QUOTE=lebb;2477122]I did use IMG BUrn to erase/reformat the disc…My question is [B]why does dvd fab- blu ray tell me that the BD_RW disc I have in the drive needs to be erased…[/B]It is erased…And further than that, why would it ask me if I want to erase the disc and then tell me the task failed when I said I did want to erase the bd-RW disc…To me, it’s a problem with dvd fab that needs to be addressed…And as I said I’m totally frustrated with dvdd fab blu ray right now…[/QUOTE]

Hi lebb

The issue above in bold may or may not be a glitch in the programming for the detection of rewritable media :frowning: I personally don’t use RW media nor am I into blu-ray at this time, however if you wish not to get such pop ups…go into coomon settings-> “Write” and at the bottom place a check make in the box next to “Overwrite rewritable media automatically” :wink:

[QUOTE=touchdown_1;2475197]Hi durkinjt,
Yes I believe that you need to go into common setting, and under STREAMS / audio / choose from the Available Languages / move it over to Preselected languages.
same can be done for Subpictures as well.[/QUOTE]

I added “English” to the audio stream and sub-picture to get the sub-titles. I ripped the new Harry Potter movie and it played fine on the computer, good sound/picture, when I played it on Blu Ray player, I had a background sound like a drum roll, that I think is part of the sound mix. but no voice or music. Help!

I’ve done what you said and I still get an error 700-task failed when trying to write a blu ray disc from a folder on my hard drive…There is something wrong with the latest version of dvd fab bluray in my opinion…I have 2 single layer blu ray titles that I bought and decrypted to the hard drive and neither one will copy thru dvd fab blu ray…they do seem to copy thru image burn…There is some type of problem with the blu ray part of dvd fab…What is an error 700??? There is no way to get helk on this??

I sugest you try doing it again and when you get the 7oo error message send Fengtao the needed dat he needs to analyze this problem,-> http://club.myce.com/f116/how-send-us-correct-info-files-dvd-blu-ray-228008/

Hi lebb,
Don’t know what the 700 error is either, but as my good friend StormJumper says forward the log’s to fengtao for analysis.
I do know that some time ago Fab was having an issue with burning from the software and the work around on that was to go directly to Imgburn and drag and drop the BDMV and certificate folders to Write files / folders to disc, which is what I would do no problems , but have been using Fab recently to burn to disc with no hiccup.
I am curious what is the BD drive that you are using ?

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2477207]I added “English” to the audio stream and sub-picture to get the sub-titles. I ripped the new Harry Potter movie and it played fine on the computer, good sound/picture, when I played it on Blu Ray player, I had a background sound like a drum roll, that I think is part of the sound mix. but no voice or music. Help![/QUOTE]

Hi durkinjt,
In common settings …> Preview …> Audio decoder …>[U] DVDFab Audio Decoder.[/U]
is the setting that you should have it at.
hope this helped.

I’m using an LG BD drive…I have no problems when i save a blu ray to the hard drive and use ImgBurn…It has to be a single layer BD disc tho…I have a few bd 50 titles that I bought and you can’t just do the movie only with Img Burn…that’s why I bought dvd fab for blu ray…But it doesn’t work…It’s very frustrating to go thru all of this…I’m not a beta tester and I think that software should be tested thoroughly before it is sold…That doesn’t happen though…I just tried to do the Blu ray of the movie Heat…main movie only…It went for like 3 or 4 hours then prompted me for a disc-- when i put in a disc dvd fab prompty crashed…I’m not a free user and I wouldn’t complain if I was…When will this be fixed???

Hi lebb,
I can’t say when it will be fixed as I am not a software writer nor do I work for fentao.
3 to 4 hours ? are you trying to compress a 50GB cause if you are I think that might be a problem.
there is another way to shrink a large disc and that is to use TsMuxer to strip out any and all unnecessary subtitles and audio tracks,
what you would do is rip the whole disc to your HDD, then import the largest file in streams to muxer.
and usually it will take most files that are over 25 Gb down to under 25 GB there by allowing a burn to a 25GB disc.
there are still some compression issues with fab, so on occasion you have to do a work around.