Blu-ray stand alone player

vbimport

Have just purchased a Samsung BD-1400 stand alone. My question is does Blu-ray need a special lens cleaner or will the standard DVD lens cleaner do the job. No info in user manual concerning this at all. Cheers,

You can buy them for BD surely, they will cost 3x times of normal ones but do the same probably.
But “cd lens cleaners” are no “miracle doers”, they can makle things worse.

[quote=chef;2040795]You can buy them for BD surely, they will cost 3x times of normal ones but do the same probably.
But “cd lens cleaners” are no “miracle doers”, they can makle things worse.[/quote]

Many thanks for your reply but I’m afraid I am still none the wiser. Looks like the only way I’ll get a definitive answer is to get in touch with Samsung.

Cheers

If your disks are clean and you don’t smoke you might not need to clean anything within the warranty period. After that you could always open the drive and gently clean the lens with something that doesn’t scratch or degrade it.
I’ve done it to non working CDR drives before when the lens was so dirty it wouldn’t read or write anymore, worked like new once it was sparkling clean again.

I’ve owned my BD-P1400 for about 8 months now and have yet to clean the lens. Played a ton of movies on it so far, I would wait until you have some playback issues before I used a lens cleaner. Don’t forget to update your BD-P1400 firmware.:slight_smile: