Blu Ray Quality Check

vbimport

Hey guys,

I am pretty new to the Forum so first a hello from me :cool:

Im a bit frustrated of the Blu Rays. :Z
I´ve got the Pioneer DVR-BDR-202 and a movie has failures in the playback.
I want to find out if there are any problems with ma drive or is the Blu Ray just crap.

So my question is are there any tools to measure the Blu ray for quality?
I tried it with the Nero CD/DVD speed tool but its aborting on start.
And Plextools isnt supported anymore.

Hope you guys can help me:)

Buy the Liteon BD-ROM for scanning.

What kind of playback “failures”?

Is your PC powerful enough?

What does the Cyberlink BD/HD Advisor says, all green? http://www.cyberlink.com/english/support/bdhd_support/diagnosis.jsp

The tool from Cyberlink say all fine for playback and burning.

The failures are appering pixels in the movie and the movie freeze for a moment.

@chef
With the Lite ON you can scan the disc?
Which program you use?

The background for all that work is that i cant reclaim the Disc to the shop where i bought it an i want a to give a proof to the Manufacture that they replace it.

Nero cd dvd speed will work with the Liteon BD-ROM.

I wish someone here had one and could prove it does in fact scan.

I did see one scan out in the wild but that is it. If it can in fact scan I will buy
one but I’m not going to spend the money before I know for sure.

Im gonna get one of the Lite On, lets have try.
If the scan work im gonna post it here. If not, i got a just a new Blu Ray Player:D

Can´t say when i post it but i think during the next week.

Thank you Jinrak, we will all be waiting for your response :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Jinrak;2022992]Im gonna get one of the Lite On, lets have try.
If the scan work im gonna post it here. If not, i got a just a new Blu Ray Player:D

Can´t say when i post it but i think during the next week.[/QUOTE]

Excellent Jinrak; I also have been waiting for the proof. Please post a scan when you can. thanks.

[quote=Jinrak;2022228]The tool from Cyberlink say all fine for playback and burning.

The failures are appering pixels in the movie and the movie freeze for a moment. [/quote]There are some blu-ray movies reported being problematic. What’s the blu-ray title? are you playing back from the pressed disc (original disc), bd-r/re or from harddrive?

Also, pixellation and freezing can be from a lot of things, starting from hardware underspecs, software issue or the drive DMA problem. (I believe Pioneer BDR-202 is IDE).

I don’t think scanning a pressed disc will discover useful things to the playback problem.

Even on a very powerful PC, playback problems can occur when Windows decides to do some other task at the same time. But i agree with the post above. An under-spec PC could cause a lot of problems and it only needs one part of the PC to be under-spec to cause these problems.

BTW: The Pioneer BDR-202 is a SATA drive.