Blu-ray Pure Audio discs target audio enthusiasts

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Blu-ray Pure Audio discs target audio enthusiasts[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2013/10/myce-blu-ray-pure-audio-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Music studios claim that new Blu-ray Pure Audio format ensures audio quality as it was intended by the artist.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/blu-ray-pure-audio-discs-target-audio-enthusiasts-69127/](http://www.myce.com/news/blu-ray-pure-audio-discs-target-audio-enthusiasts-69127/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

This is nothing more than another marketing scam. All this was available in the BD format from day one.

As to mShuttle, it doesn’t allow you to access the high-res multichannel tracks that play from the disc, but it does allow you to upload files that are specifically placed on the disc for that purpose, usually stereo tracks and album artwork.

2L has several BD discs available with mShuttle features, and has been making high-res BD audio discs for years.

Does this new format have DRM on it? As I recall, that is one of the things that discouraged people from using SACD and DVD-Audio.

Ah, ok, went to the site and read a bit on the Mshuttle option. Looks like they want control of how you use the music, and don’t give access to the high quality audio as CDan stated.

It has all the same DRM as any BD discs. It is, in fact, just another BD disc with no special features.

The super high-res audio requires most of the bandwidth available from BD players, which is why these don’t contain video. But you can still have 5.1 24/96 audio with full motion video on a BD. Bandwidth is the reason that 7.1 audio is limited to 24/96 and 5.1 is allowed up to 24/192.

mShuttle is just a feature made possible by BD-Live JAVA programming, which presents a web page on your local network, accessed by IP address.

After SACD was “just so successful” I wonder what is making them so delusional that they believe this was a wise use of their time…

Whatever they are smoking probably causes permanent brain damage.

When most people cannot tell the difference between 192Kbit/sec mp3 file and the parent music CD it was derived from…
(and most people who claim they CAN belong in a psych ward)

No matter what “Quality” of digital or analog audio signal you are using it must eventually be translated into physical sound waves and act upon analog human ears, which are simply not that good…

I wish they’d simply stop killing the sound on normal CDs by using extreme dynamic compression (loudness war), which would do a lot more for sound quality than this thing.

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2703628]After SACD was “just so successful” I wonder what is making them so delusional that they believe this was a wise use of their time…

Whatever they are smoking probably causes permanent brain damage.

[/QUOTE]

I think that they’re desperate,and wanna try a new business model.
The audiophile with the decent 5.1,7.1 or whatever audiosystem will probably buy it,while the other half (or kids) can use the .mp3’s on their devices.
The high-res audio can’t be ripped (ATM :bigsmile:)while giving paying costumers the opportunity to use a crippled backup on any other device…

[QUOTE=roadworker;2703658]
The high-res audio can’t be ripped (ATM :bigsmile:)[/QUOTE]
Sure it can, same as any BD disc, you simply demux and convert.

[QUOTE=CDan;2703674]Sure it can, same as any BD disc, you simply demux and convert.[/QUOTE]

No nasty protection that prohibits that scenario???
Weird…especially for the music industry…:eek:

With 37 titles to choose from I don’t think they have too much to worry about on the piracy front just yet.

[QUOTE=roadworker;2703658]I think that they’re desperate,and wanna try a new business model.
The audiophile with the decent 5.1,7.1 or whatever audiosystem will probably buy it,while the other half (or kids) can use the .mp3’s on their devices.[/QUOTE]
Not if they price it similarly to DVD-Audios, which were over 20 bucks a pop for albums that by in large, any audiophile worth their salt had in other formats anyways.

[QUOTE=roadworker;2703658]The high-res audio can’t be ripped (ATM :bigsmile:)while giving paying costumers the opportunity to use a crippled backup on any other device…[/QUOTE]

This is the same crapola they pulled with DVD-A and SACD’s. They specifically crippled any digital audio out so they couldn’t be copied. What was that line about insanity? “Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result”.

If they’re compatible with existing blu-ray players they can be ripped just like the audio to any existing movie.

<quote/>DrageMester

I wish they’d simply stop killing the sound on normal CDs by using extreme dynamic compression (loudness war), which would do a lot more for sound quality than this thing.</quote>

I couldn’t agree more. I pretty much stopped buying CDs because of this.