Blu-ray not working here

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On DH-4O1S Blu-ray. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]ever time that i put a blu-ray dvd in and try to use dvdfab the program can tell that i have a blue ray disk in and it ask me for the region setting i but 1 and it scans the disk but after it says that the try is emty and to put in a disk can any one help me ???:sad:

[QUOTE=gearjam70;2306825][qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On DH-4O1S Blu-ray. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]ever time that i put a blu-ray dvd in and try to use dvdfab the program can tell that i have a blue ray disk in and it ask me for the region setting i but 1 and it scans the disk but after it says that the try is emty and to put in a disk can any one help me ???:sad:[/QUOTE]

well for one thing, your Lite-on DH-401S is a read only drive.
So I am going to assume (correct me if I am wrong ) that you just want to rip this to your HDD for play back on your PC,
or was your intent to write it to a Blu-Ray disc, in which case you need a drive that will let you burn a Blu-Ray disc

Now then to your question.
1)is your firm ware up to date
2) if your firm ware is up to date, does this happen when you try to rip a DVD
3) and if the answer to #2 is yes, then it could be a hardware problem within the drive
4) and if this is the case, and it can’t be corrected then it might be time for a new Blu-Ray driver with burn capabilities

:slight_smile:

no my lite-on blue-ray burner is a burner i have the DH-4B1S sorry i didnt see it in the list so i just click on one and i am try to make a back up of my blue-ray dvd but its not working and yes my firm ware is up to date if i rip to dvd thats not blu-ray then everthing works just fine for riping and burning and playing i dont thyink its hardware problems its a brand new drive

i found the web site with my drive its here http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=L12-1168

[QUOTE=gearjam70;2306918]i found the web site with my drive its here http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=L12-1168[/QUOTE]

OK then the next step is to check your setting,

open DVDFab and click on the green button with the check in it

go to Blu-Ray > Read > I/O mode should be auto

Read Error control >ask/ignore/ abort > check

Cache Control > check

Blu-Ray > File Reading mode > internal (UDF 2.50 Parser + I/O )

under write tab

Burn Engine > ImgBurn >
in window to lower right > Blu-ray > recommended

Protection > Blu-Ray > all four boxes should be checked > Region code should read A-North America/ C.A./S.A. etc. you get the picture

Under PathPlayer I have Enable PathPlayer when necessary, if you continue to encounter problems try switching your PathPlayer to one of the other two that are available to see if that changes your outcome.
The link below is where you can tweak ImgBurn setting for Blu-Ray and DVD as well. Courtesy of StormJumper.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/2283364-post7.html

good luck with that, and let me know how you fared…

i checked everything that you asked and dvdfab still dont work and i tryed to check evey chack mark for path player and it still dose the samething after scanning it says put in a disc and dose not find the movie and i have tryed it on 4 movies and it dose the samething on all of them and they are transporter 3 flight of the phoenix and 88 minutes punisher war zone and i have dvdfab plat. 6.0.2.2. and its not the free one eather it just wont rip a movie at all in blu-ray please let me know if i need to send any more info ok thanks

[QUOTE=gearjam70;2306949]i checked everything that you asked and dvdfab still dont work and i tryed to check evey chack mark for path player and it still dose the samething after scanning it says put in a disc and dose not find the movie and i have tryed it on 4 movies and it dose the samething on all of them and they are transporter 3 flight of the phoenix and 88 minutes punisher war zone and i have dvdfab plat. 6.0.2.2. and its not the free one eather it just wont rip a movie at all in blu-ray please let me know if i need to send any more info ok thanks[/QUOTE]

Well if you have tried 4 different Blu-Rays and they don’t work and(I am a little fuzzy on this, were you trying to check all the radio dials under PathPlayer), can’t be done only one at a time, so try un-installing and reinstallin follow the links below…

http://club.cdfreaks.com/2277067-post1.html

http://club.cdfreaks.com/2073105-post1.html

[QUOTE=gearjam70;2306825][qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On DH-4O1S Blu-ray. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]ever time that i put a blu-ray dvd in and try to use dvdfab the program can tell that i have a blue ray disk in and it ask me for the region setting i but 1 and it scans the disk but after it says that the try is emty and to put in a disk can any one help me ???:sad:[/QUOTE]

If I am reading your comments here correctly, you say you are putting a Blu-Ray disc in your drive, and when Fab asks for the region, you are entering a “1”.

I’m not surprised you’re having a problem, as a Blu-Ray disc has regions set as A, B, and C.

Try again, and this time, when you’re asked for the region, put in an “A”, and let us know what happens.

OC

no the number 1 is a type o i ment to put an A

and ment i tryed path player on the other settings like disable it and stuff like that

all i need to know is why my dvdfab dose not rip any blu-ray movies at all but will rip dvd movies just fine ???

[QUOTE=gearjam70;2307180]no the number 1 is a type o i ment to put an A

and ment i tryed path player on the other settings like disable it and stuff like that

all i need to know is why my dvdfab dose not rip any blu-ray movies at all but will rip dvd movies just fine ???[/QUOTE]

That’s a pretty sweeping statement from someone who’s only tried 4 films…fact is, others here have reported that DVDFab [B]DOES[/B] copy Blu-Ray movies…maybe just not the 4 you’ve tried.

The next release of this software should be more enlightening, as that release should see the implementation of the BD+ protection remover, and will enable many more Blu-Ray films to be copied.

Just be patient for a little while longer.

OC

[QUOTE=gearjam70;2307180]no the number 1 is a type o i ment to put an A

all i need to know is why my dvdfab dose not rip any blu-ray movies at all but will rip dvd movies just fine ???[/QUOTE]

gearjam70, what version of DVDFab are you using, I have been assuming it to be 6.0.2.2, is this correct.
:smiley:

Thanks OC
:cool:

yes 6022 and its not the free one

gearjam70, have you tried the uninstall and re-install ?

yes i did the clean unstall ans reinstall and i did all 9 steps on the clean unstall and when i reinstall dvdfab still works the same will not rip blu-ray

gearjam70, I am beginning to suspect that it might be your DVD drive,and it’s inability to read Blu-Ray disc’s, it’s reading standard DVD’s, but not Blu-Ray, which is making me suspect of the hardware, does any body else out there have a suggestion / thought on this ?

:confused:

my blu-ray drive works just fine for everthing else and i have anydvd hd and it rips just fine with that program but that program converts to and iso if i was watching my movies on a ps3 then it would be awome but i am not and if i use anydvd hd to rip and use img burn to burn the disc dont work in any of my blu-ray players

As OCanada stated:

That’s a pretty sweeping statement from someone who’s only tried 4 films…fact is, others here have reported that DVDFab DOES copy Blu-Ray movies…maybe just not the 4 you’ve tried.

The next release of this software should be more enlightening, as that release should see the implementation of the BD+ protection remover, and will enable many more Blu-Ray films to be copied.

Just be patient for a little while longer.

If all 4 movies are the BD+ none will work. untill the next update.

i love the fact that eveytime that i say i am haveing a problem with this program i get from you try a couple of things and then i get that its not you program it my computer and then i tell you that someone else program dose work then i get rud comets that i only try four movies and everyone had done more and things work for them but they proble dont have the same specks that i have but i need to keep wasteing my money for you and someday you will fix it

p.s. none of the movies have bd+ and if you read the message that i sent to you then you would know what movies i have done and that they dont have BD+

[QUOTE=gearjam70;2308026]i love the fact that eveytime that i say i am haveing a problem with this program i get from you try a couple of things and then i get that its not you program it my computer and then i tell you that someone else program dose work then i get rud comets that i only try four movies and everyone had done more and things work for them but they proble dont have the same specks that i have but i need to keep wasteing my money for you and someday you will fix it

p.s. none of the movies have bd+ and if you read the message that i sent to you then you would know what movies i have done and that they dont have BD+[/QUOTE]

Hi gearjam70,
I don’t know what to tell you then, I haven’t seen where anyone has been rude.
You came here to find an answer for your problem.

And everyone has tried to help you with that issue.

I have walked you through what I know works for me.

I know you’re NOT gonna want hear this, but I honestly think it does have something to do with your drive or your setting,and I don’t know what more I can add to the info. except to get another drive and just try it for grins, if that doesn’t work then take the drive back for a refund.

I have already offered up everything I know, I’m tapped out…

Also I would like to point out that this is not my program, I just try to help out people like you, who are having problems getting it to work,so I apologize for being out of pixie dust.

:frowning:

Can I ask you how do you have it plugged in. PCI type sata Controller card? On motherboard? If controller card is it a Silicon Image type? I run an older athlon computer and what happened to fix my problem was that I had a VIA pci sata card and my drive would not work. (nor will the software).
Just asking…