Blu ray movies have sound but no video (LG GGC-H20L)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GGC-H20L. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]bought the LG GGC-H20L drive about a week ago and it has given me tons of troule and driven me nuts. i have a newer computer with amd 780g mobo. it seems that the drive is not compatiable with it. every time i tried to play a blue ray movie, the computer just froze. i tried vista and xp. it did tha same thing. i guess it has nothing to do with the os. i install the drive to another pc with intel 965p chipset and it can play normally. i bought the Planet Earth blue ray movies. i can only play one of them normally and the others have sound but no video. anyone has the same issue? and what could be wrong? by the way the player is Power dvd 8 ultra. any help will be very appriciated.

Did you try updating all the drivers (ATI Radeon, chipsets AMD SB700, on board audio, etc)?

Did you follow the manual, page 22:

Playback of HD DVD and Blu-ray Discs:

In order to get better playback quality, when playing the HD DVD or Blu-ray discs, refer to the recommended system requirements (or better) below.
• CPU: AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 Dual-Core processor (4200+ or above)
• Memory: Two 1 GB DDR2 800 memory modules with dual channel mode enabled
• BIOS Setup: [B]At least 256 MB of UMA Frame Buffer Size [/B](refer to Chapter 2, “BIOS Setup,” “Advanced BIOS Features,” for more information)
• Playback software: CyberLink PowerDVD 7.3 or later (Note: [B]Please ensure Hardware Acceleration is enabled[/B] )

Are you connecting to HDMI? What is the monitor/tv?

Which SATA port connected to? The SATA port configured as Native IDE, Raid or AHCI? Maybe try connecting to SATA2_4 or SATA2_5 and set as IDE?