Blu ray movie using movie only vs ripping to m2ts?

vbimport

if i rip a blu ray movie with movie only to my hard drive vs using blu ray ripper and making it a m2ts file what will have beter quality? i think i lose a little quality when ripping it to a m2ts file

[QUOTE=raymondtrudeau;2556135]if i rip a blu ray movie with movie only to my hard drive vs using blu ray ripper and making it a m2ts file [B]what will have beter quality?[/B] i think i lose a little quality when ripping it to a m2ts file[/QUOTE]

Anytime you convert to another format you will have some quality loss, so you know the answer to your question.:wink:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2556154]Anytime you convert to another format you will have some quality loss, so you know the answer to your question.;)[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks. The only thing is when I save the movie to hard drive using movie only instead of 1 file of the movie there are maybe 20… And when choosing movie only does it save it as blu ray structure ? Thanks

[QUOTE=raymondtrudeau;2556135]if i rip a blu ray movie with movie only to my hard drive vs using blu ray ripper and making it a m2ts file what will have beter quality? i think i lose a little quality when ripping it to a m2ts file[/QUOTE]

If you’re just ripping to m2ts then there’ll be no loss in quality as m2ts is the standard container format used on Blu-ray discs.

They usually contain files encoded according to the MPEG-2 Part 2 standard but the Blu-ray specs also support other codecs such as H.264/MPEG-4 AVC or SMTPE VC-1.

Just to add to SJ’s remarks, changing container format won’t affect quality but re-encoding, transcoding or changing to another codec will.

Re-encoding, transcoding or converting to another codec always decreases quality to some extent however as there’s tremendous scope for compression when, for example, converting MPEG-2 to H264 this decrease in quality may not be visually apparent.

In this instance you’re not changing anything though so the quality will be the same as the original.

HTH.

[B]Wombler[/B]