Blu Ray Full Disk Main Movie Image Size

fengtao

I ripped “Body of Lies” in “Full Disc” and “Main Movie” mode. In attempting to burn either, ImgBurn sez there is not enough space on the disc to burn the image. Ripped image size is 24.1 GB. Tried DB-RE and DB-R 25GB media.

[QUOTE=dfox99;2297142]fengtao

I ripped “Body of Lies” in “Full Disc” and “Main Movie” mode. In attempting to burn either, ImgBurn sez there is not enough space on the disc to burn the image. Ripped image size is 24.1 GB. Tried DB-RE and DB-R 25GB media.[/QUOTE]

In the Blu-Ray option, there is not yet any provision to compress the files…you may have to shelve that disc until the programmers add the necessary sub-routines.

I don’t have the exact figures, but 24.1 GB sounds just too large for a 25 Gb disc, before allowing for overhead, etc. - I suspect 23.? will be about the largest.

OC

:slight_smile:

In main or full movie did you try removing some of the foreign sub-titles, before ripping to your HDD. That could help reduce the size

Ocanada, thanks for reminding about the compression issue.

touchdown_1 - I removed about 6 audio files including AC-3 Truel which was a real space eater (3.21 GB) which reduced it to 20.854 GB and it recorded and played great with AC-3/5.1 audio.

glad that worked for ya dfox99 :slight_smile: