Blu Ray Error Scanning(PIE/PIF)

vbimport

is this gna be an option in the future? like we have dvd error scans and such…also was wondering what speed would these discs be read at…as a 4 speed dvd takes 15 minutes to scan…at a whopping 25gb’s…how fast would the blu ray drive be reading at and how long would it take? if possible

There are a few scans in the Blank Media forum. http://club.myce.com/f172/ Unfortunately, not many of us have the Lite-on BD Rom drives necessary for quality scans of BD media, so most of those entries are just TRT’s and ScanDisk tests.

There is at least one quality scan example in that subforum, in MegaDeth’s guideline post at the top.

SLOVEHEART has some scans here:

2601 has some scans here:

I have just purchased the Lite-on iHES208 for scanning as well so maybe we will see more people grabbing this drive and more scans to compare in the near future.

i havent even remotely come close to getting ready for Blu Ray or HD…i have no lcd or HD tv, but knowing its coming and that hardware is cheap for pc’s…i thought i’d get a head start and see whats ahead and what options are out there…i just cant buy a BR burner and some discs and burn em and expect em to play w/o a few positive scans…i dont see a huge jump in BR burning like dvd burning did in the beginning(because of cost) but i know its just around the corner and wanna be prepared…I got started dvd burning by coming in here in 2002/2003 and reading about it…i imagine it’ll be the next thing to come in popularity

thanx for the linx guys…i have much to take in now :slight_smile:

BTW Dee…if u get any BR burners that u review and u dont want em, i’ll take em :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2461607]SLOVEHEART has some scans here:

2601 has some scans here:

I have just purchased the Lite-on iHES208 for scanning as well so maybe we will see more people grabbing this drive and more scans to compare in the near future.[/QUOTE]

Mega DETH:
I’m glad you got a iHES208:iagree: Erik Deppe wrote me in response to a support question about Opti drive control and said that the iHES208 was the best scanning drive to get for BD, I want to say however that I had a problem with the first one I got from Newegg - it started to read very high values compared to my iHAS424 and I was just able to send it back for replacement, Lite On isn’t very willing to help w/ drive replacement - so test your drive several times before it’s too late to replace it - I have Lite On’s support pH # if you need it - yes I had to write them a nasty note - they coughed it up then-PM me if you need it.

Thank you for mentioning my posts. There are a few more:

commerical BD scans - suprised how bad they are: http://club.myce.com/f142/opti-drive-141-quality-scans-commerical-bd-discs-i-feel-better-now-301743/#post2445272

trouble with LG BH08xS20 and TDK BD media (This had your scan w/ liteON d401s): http://club.myce.com/f142/trouble-lg-bh08xs20-tdk-bd-disks-bad-burns-299342/
:flower:

Yeah the Lite-On DH4O1S was not a good scanner for BD, unless you like Rainbows :slight_smile:

The iHES208 will be here Monday, then i can have some fun.