Blu-ray drive not working

vbimport

Hello, I’ve recently upgraded some of my co-workers’ Dell Precision T7400 computers to Windows 7 and the middle blu-ray drive (labelled “HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH20N”) doesn’t work. I believe it is an Optiarc. Windows is picking it up in the device manager, but it says “This device cannot start. (Code 0)”, and it’s not listed as a current drive. The firmware I downloaded from Dell’s website can’t find the drive either, so it can’t update the firmware. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this issue? I’m running the 32-bit version of Windows 7. Thanks for your help.

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=ITLE-OSU;2538994]Hello, I’ve recently upgraded some of my co-workers’ Dell Precision T7400 computers to Windows 7 and the middle blu-ray drive (labelled “HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH20N”) doesn’t work. I believe it is an Optiarc.[/quote]No, it’s an LG drive. :slight_smile: So I moved this thread into the correct section.

Windows is picking it up in the device manager, but it says “This device cannot start. (Code 0)”, and it’s not listed as a current drive.
See if this works for you:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems
Also, make sure you have latest chipset drivers installed.

Michael

Hello! Thanks for your help.

I’ve already read and tried that support article. Do you think the processor’s chipset drivers could be the problem? I’ll check them, but I think they are up to date.

Hi,[QUOTE=ITLE-OSU;2539001]
I’ve already read and tried that support article.[/quote]No success? :confused:

Do you think the processor’s chipset drivers could be the problem? I’ll check them, but I think they are up to date.
I am not perfectly sure, but the storage controller drivers (I am trying to be more precise) are often the culprit.
In case Dell doesn’t offer Windows7 drivers, check Intel website then.

Additional question: is this really “code 0” which is reported? Or is there a typo? Please double check and report back.

Also, try this FixIt: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/hardware_device_problems

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2539008]Hi,No success? :confused: I am not perfectly sure, but the storage controller drivers (I am trying to be more precise) are often the culprit.
In case Dell doesn’t offer Windows7 drivers, check Intel website then.

Additional question: is this really “code 0” which is reported? Or is there a typo? Please double check and report back.

Also, try this FixIt: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/hardware_device_problems

Michael[/QUOTE]

My mistake, it was actually Code 10. I tried all of those Microsoft Fixits, to no avail.

I fixed the problem! I had to download the storage matrix software for my chipset from Intel’s website. Thanks for your help, mciahel! I posted this over at Dell’s support forums about a week ago, and not one person replied. +1 cookie for you.

[QUOTE=ITLE-OSU;2539231]I fixed the problem! I had to download the storage matrix software for my chipset from Intel’s website. [/QUOTE]Glad, you got it working and thanks for the cookie :slight_smile:

Michael