Blu-Ray disc quality scanning: what drives support it?

I couldn’t seem find an answer to this: What BD writer drives support burn doing burn quality scans on a BD disc?

Newegg is having a 1-day-only BD writer sale, and it looks like I can get a LG WH12LS30 for $85 USD, which I think is a good deal. But since I plan to use this for archiving data, I want to be able to quality-scan and check a disc after each burn. Do the LG writers support any sort of quality scanning?

If the LG doesn’t, then does anyone have recommendations for the cheapest BD writer that does support quality scans and that burns fairly well (I don’t care that much about speed)?

I’ve been a loyal user of LiteOn for DVD burners ever since the 451S, in part because it supports quality scanning. But it seems that Litey BD writers are more expensive than other brands, so I’m wondering what other options there may be.

[QUOTE=kliu0x52;2587053]I couldn’t seem find an answer to this: What BD writer drives support burn doing burn quality scans on a BD disc?

Newegg is having a 1-day-only BD writer sale, and it looks like I can get a LG WH12LS30 for $85 USD, which I think is a good deal. But since I plan to use this for archiving data, I want to be able to quality-scan and check a disc after each burn. Do the LG writers support any sort of quality scanning?

If the LG doesn’t, then does anyone have recommendations for the cheapest BD writer that does support quality scans and that burns fairly well (I don’t care that much about speed)?

I’ve been a loyal user of LiteOn for DVD burners ever since the 451S, in part because it supports quality scanning. But it seems that Litey BD writers are more expensive than other brands, so I’m wondering what other options there may be.[/QUOTE]

Check this thread: http://club.myce.com/f91/lg-wh10ls30-bh10ls30-whats-difference-314705/

All the info you need is there.