Blu-Ray Disc does not PLay in Sony BDP-S350

vbimport

Using a Lite-On Blu-Ray burner and AnyDVD, I made a copy of the movie Sin City. This backup copy would play in the PC as well as Panasonic BDP-30 but it would not play in the Sony BDP-S350.

Media used was Verbatim. Sin City is an original Blu-Ray bought locally in Toronto.

Any suggestions? Reluctant to try it again until I find the root cause since a blank blu-ray is a few dollars each!

Hmm that’s strange when Panasonic DMP-BD30 can play but not Sony BDP-S350. I can’t tell just from your post above, maybe you can detail what softwares to burn, did you split/compress the movie or did you burn to BD-R DL?

Since the media is relatively expensive, why don’t you try and error with BD-RE or BD-RE DL first.

Btw, Sin City (Blu-ray) is not out yet in the US.

My friend did the backup for me.

He just used AnyDVD to make an exact copy (no split, no compression) of the original.

Strange. I tried the disc in my friend’s PS3 and it worked.

If it plays in PS3, it should play in my Sony BDP-S350, right?

There’s seems to be alot of issues playing Blu-ray recordable discs (BD-R/RE/DL) and AVCHD in Sony BDP-S350. There are about 4 members reported this problem this week alone.

I don’t have any solution yet but if you do please kindly report back!

Just confirmed that my TDK DL disks play just fine in my Sony BDP-S350. Just ripped with AnyDVD HD and burned with UDF 2.5. Thanks.

I have a bdp-s350. and just had the problem you have you still need help? i know how to fix it

Have you gotten AVCHD disks to work on it? If so, how? Whenever I did a blu ray to dvd, the dvd disks came out very choppy. Did you figure out how to correct that?

[QUOTE=dsmisterman;2158864]I have a bdp-s350. and just had the problem you have you still need help? i know how to fix it[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I have this problem with the 350:
BD-R (maxell) are are played with black image and no sound…
Any solution ?
Best regards,
Ben

[QUOTE=zero610;2159512]Have you gotten AVCHD disks to work on it? If so, how? Whenever I did a blu ray to dvd, the dvd disks came out very choppy. Did you figure out how to correct that?[/QUOTE]

Ditto for Me.:sad: I am about to go and buy a bd-re DL so I don’t have to think about splitting anymore.

I had the same problem i made a copy of saw 5 blu-ray and it played fine on my computer, my ps3 , and my sony blu-ray player. I used a verbatim 25 gb 4x BD-R. I went to best buy to try it and it didnt play on their LG blu-ray player. It didn’t even read the disk.

i just start copy BD Disk, and so far i made 2 copy all playing fine on my BDP-350 i create a AVCHD Whit DTS-MA on both disk using nero burning room and everything is perfect

forgot to mention aim using memorex and TDK BD Disk

[QUOTE=dsmisterman;2158864]I have a bdp-s350. and just had the problem you have you still need help? i know how to fix it[/QUOTE]

Has anyone figured this out yet? Would love to hear any suggestions. So far I have not been able to find any answers. :confused:

Since half a year I have a BDP-S350 and so far so good. But since a few weeks now the blu-ray disks (yes original disks) simply stop playing somewhere during the movie. It then fast forwards 2 minutes and then it plays again. When I want to rewind these 2 minutes it continues rewinding until the very beginning of the disc. Is anyone experiencing the same problems? There seems to be a firmware upgrade but it isn’t applicable in Europe (the Netherlands to be exact). What should I do now…anyone? Thanks very much

btw, it wasn’t a problem on the blu-ray disk because I’ve tried more blu-ray disks and they all had the same dissapointing result.

Please post the fix for this problem. I tried playing Avatar and the player said I needed an update. I went to the Setup->Network Update and did it. However, in spite of having updated to the latest 024 version, the disc still would not play. I continued pressing PLAY on the remote, and then I was asked to insert a USB flas drive, because supposedly I needed 2MB of storage. I did, and the disk played.
However, upon resumption, the disc failed to restart from where I had left off, and it tried to start from the beginning, with the same nagging messages.
I went and did the firmware download, burned the disc, and tried to update the unit, to no avail. A message said that the update had been done already.
In the meantime, I rented this thing and cannot view it!
I need your help! Please post the fix.
Thanks!:confused:

[QUOTE=GHERNA1;2576063]Please post the fix for this problem. I tried playing Avatar and the player said I needed an update. I went to the Setup->Network Update and did it. However, in spite of having updated to the latest 024 version, the disc still would not play. I continued pressing PLAY on the remote, and then I was asked to insert a USB flas drive, because supposedly I needed 2MB of storage. I did, and the disk played.
However, upon resumption, the disc failed to restart from where I had left off, and it tried to start from the beginning, with the same nagging messages.
I went and did the firmware download, burned the disc, and tried to update the unit, to no avail. A message said that the update had been done already.
In the meantime, I rented this thing and cannot view it!
I need your help! Please post the fix.
Thanks!:confused:[/QUOTE]
So, did anyone solve the problem with S350? How to fix it?
Thanks

If you have the latest firmware, try disabling BD Live as well.

:cool::cool:

[QUOTE=platinumsword;2579169]If you have the latest firmware, try disabling BD Live as well.

:cool::cool:[/QUOTE]
I did and still no results. Any other solution?