Blu-ray deals on Black Friday

vbimport

Black Friday is coming, November 28th 2008.

SEARS
Sony BDP-S350 Blu-ray Disc Player $179.99 (Doorbuster)
Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-ray Disc Player - $199.99

Samsung HT-BD2E Blu-ray Home Theater System - $599.99
Sony High Definition Handycam Camcorder HDR-UX10 - $569.99

Playstation 3 80GB Console - $399.99
Playstation 3 Blu-Ray Remote - $24.99

300 -BluRay - $19.99
National Treasure 2 Blu-Ray - $18.99
Sleeping Beauty Blu-Ray - $18.99

Hopefully the mods can update this post as we find more deals.

Hmm, is the 350, V2.0 Spec?

There are a number of threads regarding Black Friday and they cross at least two forums (this one (Blu-Ray) and Bargain Basement). By the time this is over, there may be other threads covering additional forums.

Is it reasonable to have one Black Friday thread or at least restrict it to one forum? Otherwise, users may be all over the place.

Yes it is, Sony BDP-S350 becomes BD-Live Profile 2 with firmware update.

[QUOTE=jeff53404;2147504]There are a number of threads regarding Black Friday and they cross at least two forums (this one (Blu-Ray) and Bargain Basement). By the time this is over, there may be other threads covering additional forums.

Is it reasonable to have one Black Friday thread or at least restrict it to one forum? Otherwise, users may be all over the place.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but this one is specifically geared for Blu-Ray deals. Might be a bit confusing but then again if anyone is interested in high-def at all they will be checking into these forums anyways.

Will there be $99 blu-ray player deals on Black Friday?

I highly doubt it considering the current pricing :frowning:

[QUOTE=helsenvan;2147615]Will there be $99 blu-ray player deals on Black Friday?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed as well. $179 certainly isn’t bad but something about spending that much on a player that still needs a little work (ie hd divx) and the headache of dealing with the crazy shopping rush, kinda puts a damper on it.

Jesterrace,

Yeah, no HD-divx, no deal. :slight_smile:

I was tricked by a Philips DVD player that ‘upscales’ to 1080p as being able to play HD divx. I does not. It had a few issues with HDMI audio, too. But, it was very nice to be able to play off of USB. That made “will it play this?” tests much easier. :slight_smile: