Blu ray Creator software

vbimport

I wasn’t aware that you offered software for the creation of Blu ray movies, but found it at your site tonight.

I noticed that this software will allow you to remove items from your menu templates, and put in your own background pictures. But there is no information on how much control you allow over the encoder.

Is it possible to import video that is already compliant to Blu-ray specifications and let it pass through without being re-encoded?

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2777389]I wasn’t aware that you offered software for the creation of Blu ray movies, but found it at your site tonight.

I noticed that this software will allow you to remove items from your menu templates, and put in your own background pictures. But there is no information on how much control you allow over the encoder.

Is it possible to import video that is already compliant to Blu-ray specifications and let it pass through without being re-encoded?[/QUOTE]

Bluray creator and DVD Creator as well as the free version Free Movie DVD Maker are the most popular products in Sothink product line, I am glad you find and use the Blu-ray Creator.
The Bluray Creator supports to convert video files of all formats such as MKV, MP4 to Blu-ray format, but if the source file is Bluray specification, it will not be loaded.

It is entirely possible to make a MKV or MP4 whose video and audio are already compliant to Blu-ray specifications. This is easy to do in quite a number of different software programs.

The problems start when you want to author to Blu-ray format AND have a menu to select several different videos [B]without re-encoding either the video or audio[/B]. For this you need a pure authoring program, and the choices are not good for amateurs. Most of the pure authoring programs are very expensive and have capabilities beyond the needs of most amateur users.

If your program had the option to pass through compliant video and audio, it could be used in this manner. But unfortunately, you do not offer this ability. This is a shame, and a wasted opportunity to make your program stand out from the rest of the Blu-ray conversion programs.

For the moment, the Blu ray creator is not very comprehensive in terms of features and functionailites, but still is good enough for non-professionals who just want to make their home Blu-ray videos from their daily shot videos by smart phones and digital cameras. Also, developers at SothinkMedia will constantly improve the software and add more robust features in the future versions.Thank you very much for your advice. :flower:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2777389]I wasn’t aware that you offered software for the creation of Blu ray movies, but found it at your site tonight.

Is it possible to import video that is already compliant to Blu-ray specifications and let it pass through without being re-encoded?[/QUOTE]

:iagree:Yeah, I both noticed that. It could be splendid if their developers can add such a feature to save a damn lot of processing time. However, I personally think the current version can already meets the ordinary needs of most common folks who want to make home Blu-ray videos from their smartphone-shot videos, which are usually not Blu-ray complaint. Anyway, I still agree :iagree: and hope they will make it in the future versions.

[QUOTE=Johnnoy;2777450]:iagree:Yeah, I both noticed that. It could be splendid if their developers can add such a feature to save a damn lot of processing time. However, I personally think the current version can already meets the ordinary needs of most common folks who want to make home Blu-ray videos from their smartphone-shot videos, which are usually not Blu-ray complaint. Anyway, I still agree :iagree: and hope they will make it in the future versions.[/QUOTE]

Processing time has always been an area where the technology has struggled to keep up, as each new generation video format increases the effort and the amount of data involved.

Incredible though it seems I remember the days when it used to take 8 hours to re-encode a DVD yet we can do these in a few minutes nowadays.

There’s not too much you can do from a software perspective once you’ve got the conversion routines optimised so the unfortunately the only ultimate rescue is the increasing hardware speed.

That never happens quickly enough for our liking though. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]