Blu ray compression

A quick question…with the latest Fab beta can it compress a blu ray to fit on a dvd5? Will a dvd burner burn the file? If I read a blu ray with a blu ray reader can it compress to fit a regular dvd (4.7)
thanks

[QUOTE=im_catinhiding;2449100]A quick question…with the latest Fab beta can it compress a blu ray to fit on a dvd5? Will a dvd burner burn the file? If I read a blu ray with a blu ray reader can it compress to fit a regular dvd (4.7)
thanks[/QUOTE]
Can’t say for sure about this beta but version 6105 did so I see no reason this one won’t. Yes a dvd burner will burn the the file to a dvd5 but you will have to have a Blu-ray player to play the disc. yes a Blu-ray reader does just like its described, “read Blu-rays” but DVDfab compresses the file, and Just to mention only main movie is supported at this time. might also suggest ripping full disc to HD 1st then ripping main movie from there to lessen wear and tear on your optical drive since its sorta time consuming at the moment

thank you! Any idea about the quality of the compression? I would assume there would be alot of loss?

actually i only tested this once and that was with ver 6105 but it looked really good imo