Blu-ray BD+ gets another attack

I just posted the article Blu-ray BD+ gets another attack.

SlySoft has been the first to crack Blu-ray’s additional layer of copy protection, BD+, with its commercial product AnyDVD HD, but for those who want a free alternative or want to watch…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15182-Blu-ray-BD-gets-another-attack.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15182-Blu-ray-BD-gets-another-attack.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Sheer genius. I don’t think I can say anything higher than that. Even if this turned retail, and I already own AnyDVD, for Linux Blu-Ray support I would buy.

Crack attack! :eek: :bigsmile: :bow: :cool:

“AnyDVD HD only runs on Windows and not everyone is willing to fork out €79 on the software either.”

Yeah, why should any of you slackers out there actually have to Pay for anothers intellectual property. Oh, silly me, I forgot you demand free movies too.

steven2874, sez: “Yeah, why should any of you slackers out there actually have to Pay for anothers intellectual property. Oh, silly me, I forgot you demand free movies too.”

Damn! You sound like a bought off US senator or someone from the MPAA. Wake up! This is the digital age! Dude, pull your head out of your ass - YOU NEED AIR!

The thing is, this is also for people that have kids and don’t want a 25 dollar disc ruined. It is also for folks “like me” that have a Home theater PC and like to use HDD’s to hold their content and run MyMovies or even Windows Home Server (MyMovies has a server edition for WHS by the way) and stream the movies from there or around my house by using a remote and not have to get up like a dick and dig around for a silver disc to shove in a player. Folks that visit the house love it as they can browse for any movie by genre or whatever, then push a button and it just plays. Is that so wrong?

It can also be for folks that want to move to Bluray and have a decent TV but it is not HDMI compliant and don’t want to toss it out just to get the disc to play. Maybe I don’t want to buy a $4,000 Sony bluray changer to handle my movie collection automatically etc etc etc.

Also, Linux users should not be locked out of bluray.

There are already HD rips of content from broadcast tv and HD releases of the latest content on the net. ISPs won’t be successful in doing data caps over the long term, as the price of wholesale bandwidth keeps increasing, while service providers save a bundle. Only the cable companies who are vested in cable-tv services will give a damn. Telcos could care less, even if they heavily invest in providing reselling cable (such as Verizon and AT&T). Anything to recover the loss in telephone line subscriptions… intellectual property be damned… that’s just the way it is!

crabbyappleton obviously cannot express himself without insulting people who disagree with his views-
"Damn! You sound like a bought off US senator or someone from the MPAA. Wake up! This is the digital age! Dude, pull your head out of your ass - YOU NEED AIR!"
The above quote shows his ignorance and contempt for anothers opinion.

steven2874 sez: “The above quote shows his ignorance and contempt for anothers opinion.”

But labelling anyone against DRM as a slacker and accusing them all of taking “intellectual property” or “demanding” free movies is OK in your book? Your connotations fall flat here. Now, you are calling me ignorant for countering your biased remarks. You sound a lot like that bully- Bill O’Reilly from Fox “News” Perhaps you can go their program on as a talking head pundit for the MPAA…

They love people that think it’s great to have to pay 75 bucks to regain Fair Use Rights. They wish everyone would just roll over and play dead like you.

And you, Mr. Crabs, sound like Sarah Pallin’s speechwriter. People who demand free software are slackers, NOT people who are against DRM. Pull your one-eyed head out your ass, crabapple.

Wow! Now anyone demanding freeware is a slacker? Dude-maybe they feel it is a lot of money to have to spend another 80 dollars to transfer a movie they just bought to put it on an iTouch or netbook, since they just coughed up for 25! Or maybe it is simply the principles of the person that has made the purchase. Maybe it irks them that someone has crippled their purchase. Why does this make them a slacker? If the studios don’t want folks copying their “films” then all they have to do is cease digitizing and distributing them on those funny little discs. Hell, they already made profit on the film in the theater anyway. The discs are all gravy. Gravy they wont even share with the teams that created the film… Seems to me the addition of controls to thwart Fair Use Rights is the real problem. I think we all know who has their head up their ass-and it ain’t me. It is the studio execs and the sheep that allow them to trounce their rights. It has to do with corporate greed. It has nothing to do with “intellectual property”. BTW-It’s Palin not Pallin…

Thanks for correcting my spelling on Palin, crappy. Funny you should earlier have compared me to Bill-O theClown because you selectively quote and mis-quote the same way he does on his comedy hour.
And yes, Wow!, I do believe people who “demand” anything someone else has created for “free” are slackers. Not to confuse you with the facts but anyDVD HD is also not “freeware”. It is a great tool , seemingly always on sale, that I was happy to purchase. I use it to allow me to play movies I’ve actually paid for the way I want to use them. Later- Dude

steven2874Sez: “Funny you should earlier have compared me to Bill-O theClown because you selectively quote and mis-quote the same way he does on his comedy hour.”

I’ll have to take your word for it as I do not watch Fox “News”. I am sure your set is permanently tuned though. From what I see of this douche on Youtube though, you are like his freakin’ twin.

Crabby mumbles: "I’ll have to take your word for it as I do not watch Fox “News”.
Yes, take my word for it. You and Bill-O both ignore the facts and use smear tactics and inuendo to make your “points”.

@ steven2874

“Yeah, why should any of you slackers out there actually have to Pay for anothers intellectual property. Oh, silly me, I forgot you demand free movies too.”

What’s with the name calling? I don’t come to your work and make fun of your McDonald’s uniform. Don’t come in here and start calling people thieves. You can call me a thief because, well, I’m illegally downloading Red Alert 3 as I type this. However, these other fine folks don’t deserve your verbal diarrhea. Back off, or I’ll unleash the full arsenal of my insults upon your disrespectful ass.

Why are you and Crabby so interested in my ass, Pukem? Go back to your illegal activities and quit obsessing on my posterior.

“Why are you and Crabby so interested in my ass”

Because we can’t get over how big it is or figure out which end of you makes more sense.

steven2874: Why did you make women so beautiful?
God: So that you would love them.
steven2874: Then why did you make women so dumb?
God: So that they would love you.

steven2874: I have a strawberry stuck up my butt, doc.
Doctor: I’ve got some cream for that.