Blu-ray backup software

Hi,

I am working for VSO-Software, and I m sorry to post here, but I need some advise.
We have just updated an internal version of Blindwrite to be able to copy blu-ray disc. You need AnyDVD-HD to decrypt as we don’t want to deal with any legal issue.
Here is my question : is making any sense to do a software to backup Blu-ray disc ? considering the cost of the media, I just don’t know if anyone would be interesting to do the job ?
what solution you would use if you need to do a copy ?
AnyDVD-HD to rip on your local harddrive ? Nero to burn in UDF 2.5 ?

any comment about software available to do the job is welcome.

In order to be of interest to the largest number of people, it should also be able to back up HD-DVD discs to BD as well. Most will fit on a BD blank if you can strip off the extras and audio tracks.

It must also be compatible with all HD audio codecs, like DD+, THD and DTS-HD.

Also backup to a DL +R DVD with the extras stripped off the original would be a better option. Seems like most of us have kids/grand kids that mutilate the original. LOL

How large is the main movie file with one sound track, no menu, and one language?

[QUOTE=etp;2038431]

How large is the main movie file with one sound track, no menu, and one language?[/QUOTE]

ranges from 12gb to 25gb, so far from my experience

lapinou

is there any chance for something like DVD Shrink did? to shrink the files?

So far I have backed on SL BD-ROM by ripping with AnyDVDHD and burning with ImgBurn in UDF 2.5.

The cost of DL BD-R or RE discs just are not economically feasible for me at this time.

I think as stated above, when someone comes up with a simple low cost program to backup Blu-ray and HD DVD media they will have a winner.

[QUOTE=CDan;2038158]In order to be of interest to the largest number of people, it should also be able to back up HD-DVD discs to BD as well. Most will fit on a BD blank if you can strip off the extras and audio tracks.

It must also be compatible with all HD audio codecs, like DD+, THD and DTS-HD.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with this comment, and yes we the users need to be able to back up our discs, for safety, security and protection of our investment in these technologies