Blu-ray and HD DVD hardware you own

I have Panasonic SW-5582 and LG GBW-H10N Blu-ray/HD-DVD burner.

My son owns a PS3.

None yet. Like most I am waiting for the prices to drop. My son has the X-Box 360 and I will most probably buy the ad-don for HD-DVD. As for Blu-Ray I really want to wait until the price point drops to about 150USD, and as for RW drives the same applys, price and not wanting to invest in a format that will not survive.:cool: This is a great poll, I will be watching closely what format is selling best amongst our members.

Sky HD satellite receiver and recorder.
No plans to buy Blu-ray or HD recorder until the price of the blank media drops by at least 100%

Since the Toshiba SD-H802A (same hardware as the XBOX HD DVD drive) is missing, I selected “Other”

Cheers,
TOSHIBAer

[quote=Dee-27;1918565]No plans to buy Blu-ray or HD recorder until the price of the blank media [B]drops by at least 100%[/B][/quote] So you want the blank media for free, with perhaps some extra cash thrown in? :bigsmile:

Currently none, I doubt I will be getting either until dual format writers are available (not just the dual format reader / BD writer) for less than £100 (about $100 the way current pricing is in the UK for Hi-Def stuff)

Is it possible to edit in a “none” for those of us with no intention of going hi-def yet.

Unfortunately I can’t add more to the poll since it only allows me to add 20 options. Also if I add it now I think it will mess the calculation, but let me check with other staff.

I wouldn’t go there.:eek: Remember this?
Bought a Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray player and love it so far. No plans on buying a burner or media as Dee-27 mentioned it’s way to expensive right now.:slight_smile:

I have the Xbox 360 addon & I also have the pioneer BDC 202 ordered just waiting for it to be delivered which seems to be taking forever :doh:

Added “None” to the Poll option.

Somebody owns an LG GGW-H20N already? just released yesterday. Nice!

i’ve preordered the LG GGW-H20L for 400€ but there is no release date.
the one says on 16.11 the other one says 27.11 and the third one im january 2008.

Toshiba HD-A30 standalone HD-DVD player.

Toshiba HD-A2 because they were blowing them out last week dirt cheap, otherwise I’d still be waiting for a cheap combo player.

Got 2 Toshiba A2 HD-DVD players from Walmart!

JohnnyJT

Toshiba HD-A2 purchased at Sears for the not-so-secret clearance price EVERYONE is selling them for.

[QUOTE=Two Degrees;1933848]Toshiba HD-A2 purchased at Sears for the not-so-secret clearance price EVERYONE is selling them for.[/QUOTE]

I happened to miss that one and BB but not WalMart!

JohnnyJT :cool:
South Philly

Yo-

Toshiba HD-A3 (in transit - due 21 November)-eh!!

Right on time just before thanksgiving!

You got some nice HD DVD movies ready to watch, Mike?? :wink:

[QUOTE=zevia;1935593]Right on time just before thanksgiving!

You got some nice HD DVD movies ready to watch, Mike?? ;)[/QUOTE]

Yo z-

Funny y’all asked - just ordered a used copy of “the Fountain” from Amazon - heard it was awesome - then there are the two that come with the A3 and the five on rebate - after that it is up to Netflix to start shipping HD-DVD’s-eh!! :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Toshiba HD-XA2 coming from Amazon tomorrow!