Blotchy Blue Screen Burn

vbimport

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the Samsung HP-S4273. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]I fell asleep with a DVD playing and when I woke up the DVD menu had burnt into the screen. I used the screen burn protection built in to the TV. It seemed to clear up but now where the screen was burnt are blue blotches that come and go. When I watch SD content within minutes two thirds of my screen is covered in blue blotches. With HD it doesn’t happen as often nor as quickly. A friend suggested I should stop watching the TV for several months and it will fix itself. Is that possible? What should I do?

There isn’t anything that you can do…at least nothing that I’ve seen that actually works. Some TV’s are known to have these type of issues and many TV’s warn of using gaming consoles and other items for the very reason of the problem that you are seeing. Time for a new TV and a better DVD player.

I have the same exact problem on the top left corner of the TV and it only appears when there is alot of Black in the picture what can I do to Fix this problem my TV is out of warrenty by 6 month.