Bloomberg Called Ready to Announce Third-Term Bid

vbimport

Right now, Mr. Bloomberg is barred by law from seeking re-election. But he will propose trying to revise the city’s 15-year-old term limits law, which would otherwise force him and dozens of other elected leaders out of office in 2009, the three people said. In his announcement, Mr. Bloomberg, a former Wall Street trader and founder of a billion-dollar financial data firm, is expected to argue that the financial crisis unfolding in New York City demands his steady hand and proven business acumen

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/01/nyregion/01bloomberg.html?hp

Here is another example of a Politician who thinks only he can can run the office the way it should be. He was all for term limits until it was his time to step away and let someone else be mayor of New York. You see this with leaders all over the world.

New York city’s Putin/Chavez.

yes

Just another politician addicted to power and trying to keep it even if he has to rewrite the existing laws. This guy is pathetic and needs to be slapped down hard by the public. These self centered politicians are really starting to pi$$ me off to no end.

It just gets to me that they think they are the only ones who can do the job. I sent him an email telling him what I thought about it.

I don’t think it is he thinks he is the only one that can do the job. Bloomberg is addicted to power and the attention it brings. He can’t stand the thought of being just another run-of-the-mill billionaire. At the core of people like him are little dictators just dying to get out.

your right