Bloody Nero Breaks Alcohol Menu Options

vbimport

I want an option when i click Right Mouse on an iso file to “Mount Image” with Alcohol. When you install Alcohol, there is one, but then I run Nero and it breaks this function.

I have checked the following reg key, but I am running Vista and it obviously doesn’t store this function there: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.iso

Any ideas how i can restore the “Mount Image” function for iso files? :slight_smile:

The more i use Nero, the more it pisses me off… Why is it that coders insist that everytime you run their app, they have to check for and replace all the file associations you already have, rather than only ones not in use. Perhaps if their applications were better, you would use alternative programs!!!:a

and Nero also breaks the option to “Burn using DVD Decrypter”.

I have located this reg keys - is this the one i must edit?

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroBurningROM.Files8.iso

Reinstall Alcohol to get the association back. I have Nero and Alcohol installed and do not have an issue.

[QUOTE=zamiell;2087609]Reinstall Alcohol to get the association back. I have Nero and Alcohol installed and do not have an issue.[/QUOTE]

I have already tried that!!

Doesn’t make any difference, i guess you are not using the latest versions? I am also using Vista but i already mentioned that.

Can you tell me what versions you are using? I would be happy to downgrade if it got this working.

Could you also do an export of your
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\NeroBurningROM.Files8.iso and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.iso keys?

Text or attachment.

Nero 8.3.2.1
Alcohol 1.9.7 (build 6221)

Restarted at Alcohol-soft’s forums