Bloody Nero .6.0.0.23

First I couldn’t unpack the executable to install and now I can unistall it. I keep getting a message unistall corrupted.
Now I wonder how do I remove the whole thing with the Nero drivers of course.

thanks

Originally posted by drwho

Now I wonder how do I remove the whole thing with the Nero drivers of course.

1. Get [COLOR=blue] RegCleaner 4.3, install and run it.

2. Select and remove all the Ahead entries in the Software tab

3. Select and remove the Nero entry/ies in the Uninstall Menu tab

4. Goto: Tools > Registry Cleanup > Do Them All
    Select and remove all the obsolete files appeared there ( Select > All > Remove Selected ).
    Don’t be afraid to do so, 'coz those are going to be backed up automatically.

5. Reboot the PC & then goto: Control Panel > Add and Remove Programs and make sure Nero is now vanished.

Good luck and my congrats with acquiring such a great tiny freeware ( that I’ve been using in years ! )[/COLOR] :smiley:

Thank you but I know thw registry part very well
What I was asking for is or rather are the system files Nero writes in becasue I’m concern with compatibility with other burning software
So which files does Nero 6.0…0.23 writes to the system

did you use a download accelerator to get nero? that may have corrupted your file… mine works perfectly… but nero had a neroclean.exe you can get that will take out nero also…

Thank you but I know thw registry part very well

All right. If you knew that part, why didn’t you use it to complitely uninstall Nero & clean the registry ?
I mean, in order to avoid seeing messages like yours of “uninstall corrupted”. :confused:

Here is the link to the neroclean utility… it will remove all traces of 5.0 , reboot, then install 6.0… this will fix some of the issues that folks are having with the 6.0 series. “but not all”

Thanks for your replies but all I want to do is remove the xisting installation which is corrupted and reinstall however everytime I want to reinstall the installation files refuse unpacking the istallation after 4/3 the program is installing
the message I get is it cannot continue to install because unero.exe has not been found

The question about the d/l manager was valid. You may have to shift+click to d/l and clear your proxy if you use one. (I use proxy plus - great for saving time and allowance)

Yes I know problems of downloading but the proggie is intact and unpacks ok starting installation ok until it generates error2(don’t know what that means) cannot find unero.exe (obviously some unistaller packed in) then stops and ask me to reboot and try again.
It is annoying since this happens just at the end of the installation process on my win2kSP4
So it is not a corrupted download but something else related to installation files in either Nero or my win2k that one or the other dosn’t see

Dr who… did you update to this version from 5.0?.. if so… Here is the link to the neroclean utility… it will remove all traces of 5.0 ,

First uninstall 6.0… then reboot… the run the neroclean.exe…then reboot again, then install 6.0
this will fix some of the issues that folks are having with the 6.0 series.

Apparently the traces of 5.0 left after an uninstall gives 6.0 problems.

Here is a pic of what I mean:confused:
Not this is 6.0.0.23 straight installation

No one really knows at the moment. With a really shitty problem like this, I delete the program folder in Explorer and wax every reg folder I can find. Then I reinstall. But, using the regcleaner will allow you to reinstall if not uninstall.

Here is a pic of what I mean
Not this is 6.0.0.23 straight installation

I think I would redownload it from another location

Originally posted by windstrings

I think I would redownload it from another location
What a waste of time !

drwho, start following my advice, even if you’re hard to accept it.
Do exactly as it’s written in my 1st post here.
And don’t forget to clean the obsolete entries/traces, # 4.

I agree with BoSkin

This one’s still better, more modern but not a freeware as RegCleaner - 13.11.2003 - RegSupreme 1.1 released

RegSupreme 1.1 released, the updated version contains many improvements, such as
-Optimized registry cleaning engine, finds more invalid items but is still as safe as possible.
-Improved program stability, the update contains many small bug fixes.
-Improved the reporting on invalid items, the program can now show more accurate data about the found items.
-Updated documentation to help new users to get started more easily.

This update is, of course, free for the registered users of RegSupreme 1.0.
You can use your current license file (License.zip) also with the new version.
The improvements of the registry cleaning engine will be also included to jv16 PowerTools 1.4.1 shortly.

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]What a waste of time !

drwho, start following my advice, even if you’re hard to accept it.
Do exactly as it’s written in my 1st post here.
And don’t forget to clean the obsolete entries/traces, # 4. [/B]

Look mate!
I’m getting a bit pissed off with your advice since I change images and the is no previious Nero installation nor there ever was one however the installation files do not proceed as usual and this is the third time I download this file so there must be something wrong in either the installtion files instructions or my system that prevents finalising the installation.

If you believe I know nothing about registries then
you’re very much mistaken

I’m getting a bit pissed off with your advice since I change images and the is no previious Nero installation nor there ever was one however the installation files do not proceed as usual and this is the third time I download this file so there must be something wrong in either the installtion files instructions or my system that prevents finalising the installation.

Sigh hopeless case.

Edit If you read your own text carefully ( I quoted it not in vain ),
perhaps you’ll be able to find the answer. Who knows ?

Even if you know everything of the registry stuff,
it’s not a good ground for being pissed off when some1’s streching you a helping hand.
You may not get another such chance anymore.

Good luck, m8 !

One situation I see here that you have that is different from mine and possibly everyone else that has yet responded to you is is that we have already had a prior version of nero?

I can only assume “barring your system is whacked, which I doubt”, is that either you are downloading a bad copy, or it has a bug for first time installers?

Another possibility is that you did something screwy with your first install attempt and now it refuses to install over the file it already sees as being there from before?.. the only problem is the file from before got corrupted?

If I were you, I would maybe attempt to locate a prior version and install 23 over it…
If that is not practical,… try uninstalling and reboot, then go back and run the neroclean.exe they provide, then go into the registry… buy typing regedit.exe at the run line, highlight "my computer at the top so all is scanned below that point, and do a search by going to “edit, then find” and search one at a time for words pertaining to “nero” “ahead” … when done “assuming you are running XP”, go to start, help and support and click on “undo changes with system restore”, and make a restore point… this will allow you to get back to the perfectly reg-clean state later if you have more failed attempts at installing without all the tedious work of recleaning the registry and reuninstalling everything.

IF that doesn’t work, then I would try just for fun installing your copy on another computer to see if its your copy?

If that works and it appears something funky with your computer is up, then get a decent pest removal program and scan for pests that may be running in the background and scan of course for viruses and try again…

If that doesn’t work… you could try lighting your computer on fire and burning it to the ground… no wait… just kidding!!!:a

As many bugs as nero has had lately… I expect it may be Nero…

But like I said… put yourself on equal ground with everyone else by installing a prior version, and then updating to 23… there are several links out here that connect you with prior versions.
I could email you one if your email can hold 13meg for version 5 and about 22 meg for 6.0… you can get the neroclean from neros site, or I can email you that too… We could connect on aim and you could get those that are too big that way too.
Send me some way to get ahold of you and I will be happy to do that if you need. windstrings@comcast.net Shuush… don’t give out this email!.. Ha Ha!! …I’m such a stinkin nice guy I can’t stand it!!

Good luck…

Ok after a number of sucessive tries I managed to fully install Nero 6…0.0.23 satisfactorily.
For one I don’t approve of Nero for releasing an unpacked exe which leads itself to corrupted downloads
However I have downloaded the files in their entirety a number of times but failed unpacking getting all kinds of error messages different at times. Perhaps it is the complex path the installation files follow before proceeding to install in its default directory
I wish the was an option to unpack Nero files anywhere on the HDD and then proceed with installation to a chosen directory
I had unpacked and debugeed the installation files which contain errors so I may be contacting Nero for that purpose or perhaps not. .
In my opinion It is not a bad option to choose for a small exe but Nero has grown in size quite dramatically and developers should revise and revise installation methods
Well that’s my two cents worth of comments