Blocking ATIP reading

vbimport

Are there any utilities other than CloneCDs "Hide CDR Media" that can block the reading of ATIP? I was hoping for just a 50k standalone utility to do it or something - I don't really want CloneCD running all the time cuz I only use it.. what... once a month?

eventually just use a watersolutable cd marker and overwrite the very small dataring which can be seen nearest the center.

Wow, intresting…
never knew that you can use a marker to block ATIP, I just know you do this with audio protections =
Draw me a picture :slight_smile:

never knew that you can use a marker to block ATIP

You can’t. The ATIP is just a wobble in the spiral of the CD. You can’t block it, or scratch it out, etc.

Originally posted by SirDavidGuy
[B]

The ATIP is just a wobble in the spiral of the CD. [/B]

If that’s the case, then how does it store all that information (size of cd, supported speeds, manufacturer) ? There has to be some actuall binary data somewhere that could be obscured…

There has to be some actuall binary data somewhere that could be obscured…

Theoretically, yes, I suppose so. However, the wobble moves the data channel by approximately 0.03 nanometers. You can’t do that with a marker.

However, the wobble moves the data channel by approximately 0.03 nanometers.

What do you mean by this? moves the data channel? :confused:

So… am I right that the only way to stop a CD burner from reading the ATIP codes is to use CloneCDs “Hide CDR Media” option?

Originally posted by softwareguy

What do you mean by this? moves the data channel? :confused:

I made a little image to make it much easier (I have a hard time communicating through typing; my thoughts come out obscured).

Anyway, the image can be found here.

(I would have just posted the image directly, but tripod won’t let you, in order to stop people from stealing their bandwidth).

Originally posted by Laemel
So… am I right that the only way to stop a CD burner from reading the ATIP codes is to use CloneCDs “Hide CDR Media” option?

Or other programs like it, yes.

Originally posted by SirDavidGuy
Or other programs like it

Well… That was my question in the first place - what other programs?

Ummm… Daemon tools, a few others. Just search around the forum.