Blockbuster's massive debt could mark the end

vbimport

I just posted the article Blockbuster’s massive debt could mark the end.

Blockbuster is facing a multi-million dollar interest debt payment that the company cannot pay as they continue to burn cash at an “alarming rate,” an analyst said in a recent report.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/blockbusters-massive-debt-could-mark-the-end-29765/](http://www.myce.com/news/blockbusters-massive-debt-could-mark-the-end-29765/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I hate being right all the time.

R.I.P. Blockbuster.

R.I.P. Blockbuster.

Seems to me that I have heard this for a good 5 years now at least.

Yeah, they’ve been “alarming the bankruptcy bells” every 6 months for about 2 years now, right? I’ve been predicting that they will go under too. Their “services” just aren’t as good as Netflix & Redbox. Done deal, buh bye.

The difference is that now BB has sold off most of it’s real estate (stores) and has nothing left to leverage for operating funds. They were first and foremost a holder of much prime commercial real estate, but not any more. Add to that the fact that commercial financing is all but impossible to find. I doubt they have anything left that’s worth buying, so nobody is going to buy them out either.

Any business person with half a brain could see this coming 2 years ago, but that doesn’t include the BB execs.

Let’s see, I can pay 5 bucks to rent a BB movie and a buck to rent a Redbox movie…Wonder where I’ll go…Hollywood is trying to keep BB in business by delaying new releases to Netflix and Redbox…Hollywood and BB are both lost in today’s world…Adios BB…

Hollywood Video is amongst the others that are closing their doors. Honestly not sure about BB but Hollywood Video was around $5 per video but that was for 5 days which equals that of redbox.

I was a loyal customer for many years until, on multiple occasions, their employees stole my returned movies and Blockbuster forced me to pay for them. I went to netflix and never looked back. Blockbuster, you got what your greed deserves.

On another note, I don’t understand the whole 28 days thing. It’s probably been pointed out before, but if people want to rent a new movie and can’t, they’re not going to buy it instead, they’re more likely to download it. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if these deals do more harm than good.