Blockbuster says it may not be able to continue

NEW YORK - Movie rental company Blockbuster Inc. said Monday the risk that it may not complete financing deals raises “substantial doubt” about its ability to continue as a going concern.

Dallas-based Blockbuster, which has struggled amid the rising popularity of DVD-by-mail services like Netflix, disclosed the warning in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The company had already cautioned last month that its auditor was likely to raise doubts about its ability to stay in business.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30076153/

sounds good to me maybe next time they will treat there customer better. Oh wait they will not be a next time

[QUOTE=samlar;2251904]sounds good to me maybe next time they will treat there customer better. Oh wait they will not be a next time[/QUOTE]

Some one sounds extremely disgruntled. :stuck_out_tongue:

I doubt it forsakeme4all until you truly experience how they treat customers you will see why they are failing. Hidden fees and late charges for not even being late is one way to kill your customer base. If you going to be a rental business you better know what etic is good and what is bad and if you don’t guess time to close house.

my local blockbuster has recently closed.

I never rent movies, I buy them. Now that Blu Ray is trying to take over I buy a lot less because the idiots think a good deal on a first release is 25 bucks rather then 30:a
Last movie I bought was Idiocracy or however it’s spelled on DVD for 5 bucks because it’s not going to be better on BD for 30 :bigsmile:
Last I looked our block Buster was still in business but I’m not helping them stay that way.

[QUOTE=Dartman;2296930]I never rent movies, I buy them. Now that Blu Ray is trying to take over I buy a lot less because the idiots think a good deal on a first release is 25 bucks rather then 30:a
Last movie I bought was Idiocracy or however it’s spelled on DVD for 5 bucks because it’s not going to be better on BD for 30 :bigsmile:
Last I looked our block Buster was still in business but I’m not helping them stay that way.[/QUOTE]

I have to say where did you get that polling to suggest that was true of BD?? Wasn’t the DVD suppose to take over from CDs??? But then again CDs are still here. BD is to much garbage on the media and not enough for just movie entertainment I think that motto has been lost in the movie industry.

I never saw a poll saying that. It’s just that the industry WANTS us to buy Blu Ray rather then dvd movies.
I like the video quality of BD movies, I just hate the over inflated price of them and a good upscaled DVD still looks pretty good and they’re dirt cheap now.
The first HD format I bought was HD-DVD because the players dropped to 100 bucks, then later I bought a demo Panasonic DMP-BD10a when they gave up on HD-DVD so I could still buy new hd movies if I wanted.
I think we’re getting OT but that’s my thoughts on it :cool:
If they keep up this trend in rentals soon the only way to get movies will be net flicks and streaming for rentals, though no matter what, I like to have a hard copy and own it myself.