Blizzard exec agrees with Valve CEO and calls Windows 8 "not awesome"

vbimport

I just posted the article Blizzard exec agrees with Valve CEO and calls Windows 8 “not awesome”.

Oh boy, it seems like everyone and their mother has an opinion on Windows 8. Unfortunately for Microsoft, all of them are pretty negative,if not retracted for some reason. Yesterday Gabe Newell, the CEO of Valve, who used to work on Windows for Microsoft shed his light on Windows 8 and called it catastrophic, today another big shot of the game industry gave his two cents.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/blizzard-exec-agrees-with-valve-ceo-and-calls-windows-8-not-awesome-62683/](http://www.myce.com/news/blizzard-exec-agrees-with-valve-ceo-and-calls-windows-8-not-awesome-62683/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

In all honesty, if someone was trying to take the food out of my mouth I’d trash talk them, too. Microsoft just wants people to drink their Kool-Aid instead of Apple’s or Google’s. Nothing wrong with that, folks. It’s called capitalism and if you don’t like it you can go back home, comrade.

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2645920]In all honesty, if someone was trying to take the food out of my mouth I’d trash talk them, too. Microsoft just wants people to drink their Kool-Aid instead of Apple’s or Google’s. Nothing wrong with that, folks. It’s called capitalism and if you don’t like it you can go back home, comrade.[/QUOTE]Nice, Duke! I wonder what that Blizzard exec even means when he says Windows 8 is “not awesome”. Does it mean he flat out hates Windows 8 and is just being polite; that it’s a decent OS, but nothing special; or that he likes it a lot, but there are some things he would change about it, so therefore it isn’t awesome? Or maybe “not awesome” simply means “not Apple”.

That means he now has to spend an awesome amount of money to restructure his sites and apps to accommodate Metro. That alone justifies his calling Windows 8 not awesome.