Blinking iHAS424 Y after bad flash - is Binflash 1.49b available?

vbimport

My problem essentially echoes the situation here:

http://club.myce.com/f44/i-have-blinking-light-my-lite-ihas424-y-324546/

However, I’m using a 10-year-old computer running Windows 2000, which the more recent versions of Binflash no longer support. After some Googling and reading, it seems the version I need would be 1.49b, though I can’t seem to find older versions of the software anywhere. Does anyone have it? Is it available anywhere?

LiteOn tools don’t work, because the Y is rebadged hardware and not compatible. Yes, yes, I know someone will say I should upgrade my OS. I have a laptop on Windows 7. This desktop has run stably for a decade on Win2k, and I am not screwing that up. I’m happy to hear about alternatives if you experts know about them, but as far as I can tell, an earlier version of Binflash is the most direct solution to the current problem. Please do let me know if it can be found. Thanks!

I just compiled Binflash 1.61 with the old Visual Studio 2008 that was also used for version 1.49b. You can try if this version works for you.

Success! The drive is running normally again on its original zl1u firmware.

Compiling with Visual Studio 2008 did indeed restore Win2k compatibility.

Using NECWinFlash, I flashed the drive with the ihas424y_zl1w_orig.bin found on your site. The drive ceased blinking, and upon rebooting, my software recognized the drive and its firmware properly.

However, if I push the eject button or order ejection through software, the drive lights up, makes a coughing sound, and does not open. Touching the tray, I could feel that it budges very slightly.

ZL1V, same result.

When I restored ZL1U, the firmware I had originally, everything works just fine, as if nothing had changed. The drive opens and reads entirely per normal. [I]Thank you.[/I]

I’m extremely impressed by the rapid response from Liggy, one of the developers. I had a brick, and now I have useful hardware again. I appreciate your work very much.

I don’t know what’s going on with the higher firmwares, and if you do, I’m happy to hear it, but as far as I’m concerned, the problem is solved. The old firmware works well enough. Thanks again!

[QUOTE=Menbailee;2625301]Compiling with Visual Studio 2008 did indeed restore Win2k compatibility.[/QUOTE]
Everything else would have surprised me. But providing versions for W2K will probably be the exception. The OS is not even supported by Microsoft anymore and Binflash versions for other operating systems are available. I looked at a solution for maintaining W2K compatibility but I’m not sure how I can implement this - without requirements for manual work.

However, if I push the eject button or order ejection through software, the drive lights up, makes a coughing sound, and does not open. Touching the tray, I could feel that it budges very slightly.

ZL1V, same result.

When I restored ZL1U, the firmware I had originally, everything works just fine, as if nothing had changed. The drive opens and reads entirely per normal.

Very strange behaviour. :confused:
The eject mechanism should work with all of these firmwares. But good to know that it’s working again - at least with the original firmware

I’m extremely impressed by the rapid response from Liggy, one of the developers. I had a brick, and now I have useful hardware again. I appreciate your work very much.

Pure coincidence :wink:
And right now I’m the only developer. Herrie provided a lot of support in the early days of Binflash and R-Man provided a Windows GUI that does not require lots of resources. But current developments are all up to me.

I have a iHAS124 Y. Can it be crossflashed to Sony Optiarc AD7240 with Binflash 1.61?

[QUOTE=kagula323;2636724]I have a iHAS124 Y. Can it be crossflashed to Sony Optiarc AD7240 with Binflash 1.61?[/QUOTE]
Please don’t crosspost :cop:

Sorry for that, and thanx for answering in the right thread. :slight_smile: