BlindWrite v4.2.8 & Writing Speed Issues

Hi Guys.
Wondering if anyone else has encounter this before ?

I am using BlindWrite v4.2.8 with an ASUS CRW-1610A. When I tried to limit the writing speed to x1 onto CDR media (on the final page just before writing), once the writing was under way, BlindWrite was calculating that it was writing at approx x16 speed. I then tried a CDRW media and it wrote at x4 speed although I had instructed BlindWrite to use x1 speed. The CDR media was rated x1-x16 and the CDRW media was rated x1-x4.

It appeared that BlindWrite was ignoring the speed setting and using the speed of the media.

ANY IDEAS ?
Thanks

I was trying to use x1 speed as Hitman 2 was giving me the shi!@#*!ts. I have since managed to backup Hitman 2.

yes this is a wb problem and not your writer !

i encounterd this probelm when testing the new bw out befour i changed back to 4.2.5

i was burning a music cd i selected 2x lol

i went to the toilet and came back and it was already finished
i was like WTF lol

i checked the burner to make shure it wasnt damaged and also the media to see it it was blank !?

i checked the log and for some reason it burned the cdr at 52x
hehe

my advice stay away from the latest version ! use 4.2.5 my advice.

Thanks ViRuS2k.
I sent of a reply to VSO and they implied it was aburner issue. I’ve managed to get a copy of v2.5 from the forum, so sweet.

Your help appreciated.

Originally posted by sprog
[B]Thanks ViRuS2k.
I sent of a reply to VSO and they implied it was aburner issue. I’ve managed to get a copy of v2.5 from the forum, so sweet.

Your help appreciated. [/B]

Glad i could help…
if you have more questions just ask…:slight_smile: