BlindWrite Suite Concerns

vbimport

I am very concerned about the reliability of BlindWrite Suite in making valid images for SecuROM 4.77* plus game titles.

I have noticed a very serious bug with the program, which has never been addressed!

It seems that when backing up most Mode 1 track type games, on several SCSI and IDE setups I have here, the resultant BWI file created is not a valid Mode 1 image, but is in fact a Mode 2 Form 1 image when using versions 4.2.2 to 4.3.1 inclusive BlindRead versions of BlindWrite Suite only. The BWI files open in BlindWrite with no problems whatsoever, but not so for other burning programs, which is very unusual.

Also, the resulting image formats cannot be opened with CDmage to examine the presence of the valid 1 single “unused/empty” sector error always present 3 sectors from the end sector, which is typical for SecuROM (considering non liteon drives are used for reading), together with any unjustified ISO9660/JOLIET errors, to repeat the read at a slower speeds.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was always under the impression that no matter what CD copying program is used for creating an image track mode format, a BWI file must equal a BIN file which equals a IMG file which are interchangeable and can be simply used alternating between CD copying programs.

The same is also true for Mode 2 track type games.

All resulting images must be RAW BIN converted with IsoBuster for validity.

BlindWrite Suite 4.2.1 and under versions produce proper images that can be cross-checked.

I have furthermore cross-checked this issue with some local friends and they to have similar problems where BlindWrite Suite 4.2.5 works properly and 4.3 doesnt in creating correctly formatted images.

Does BlindWrite Suite have certain issues with ASPI and SCSI/IDE devices and other burning programs over time?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous CD related programs and tried 10 drives SCSI/IDE combined without success.

Thanks in advance for any assistance and help.

:slight_smile:

dear guys !

instead of post only this kind of “interesting” feedback, you should rather send THEM ON THE SUPPORT !!!
i am really upset , damn !!! HOW CAN YOU FIGURE WE CAN SOLVE PROBLEM WHEN NOBODY SEND US EMAIL SUPPORT !

I am really exhausting about this kind of way to work !

I don’t have time to read forums all the day sorry !

Originally posted by lapinou
you should rather send THEM ON THE SUPPORT !!!
i am really upset , damn !!!

be :cool: lapinou, chill.

I suppose thats what support is for really. Support. y’know, support!!

Support support people. (But first read the FAQ ;))

I only really hate to read some information on the forums and not receive them by email which is really easier to manage for us.

I only really hate to read some information on the forums and not receive them by email which is really easier to manage for us.

And it would be. I mean, I cant imagine how much of a problem it would be to have to check out forums on the web for bug reports.

Although I will admit, that having the sub-forum dedicated to VSO software is quite nice indeed :slight_smile:

Apologies lapinou, email has been sent.

Also, expect a few more bug reports from me!

:wink:

Well i have some strange results to announce, i have been having a bit of a play around with the various versions of BW and i have come to some conclusions, Using BW version 4.2.1 to read my original copy of Ut2K3 i get an image size of 747,847 KB and 30,525 KB for the subs, also this image opens in cdmage as a mode1 image. But the story changes when i read with the newer versions, i tried v4.2.9 and also 4.3.1 and what i get is a completly different image size, for the image i get 748,191KB and for the subs i get 30,539KB and this image will not open in cdmage. I dont think something is right here? Now just out of curiosity i read the cd with A120% and got the exact same file size as i did using BW v4.2.1 also this immge opened in cdmage. So all i can gather is that the newer versions of BW are doing some strange things to the images, can anyone explain this?
cheers :slight_smile: :slight_smile: