Blindwrite Suite 4.2.4 Final out!

this time, even some forum users can confirm :slight_smile: this version works…

Here we go again, I purchased my key less than 2 weeks ago. When I apply this update my key is no good this is the second time what gives. I cannot email them when I do the emails are returned, I have already used the pm to let them know even sent a cut and paste of why the emails were returned now I have to install an older one again. This gets very frustrating.

I already wrote you about the email to use… .
I would like to know also what is the problem about emails… because I can ensure I receive emails ( too much ) !

about your key… I need to have you in direct contact by email …

support@vso-software.com returns you emails ???

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:	registration key not working with updates
  Sent:	23/11/2002 1:36 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'support@vso-software.com' on 23/11/2002 1:37 PM
        554 <support@vso-software.com>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied

I put this in a pm, but i guess you didn’t get it. this is what happens when I try to email you, every single email has been returned.

mmm… I don’t like to read that…

can you try also :

fabrice@blindwrite.com

still can’t install from toshiba with bwa done to cd.
damn, now that means i have to buy another cd rom drive.

I have a strange feedback about this…

I made my test using a plextor S88 … with unreal.
from plextor impossible to install… the same cd on a archos cdrw external drive was able to be installed and played…

so … it reallys depends on the hardware. or you should create 2 cds… one with bwa , and one without.

there should be something that you guys can come up with that can solve this problem. making 2 cds just doesn’t make sense. One to install and one to play… I would just make one to install and download the no-cd crack, that way I won’t waste a cd.

I believe that fine tuning BW will eventually lead to greater success with readers.

Please continue to research this matter and try to find a solution for all of us.

Thanks

Hu Two CD’s?!?!

I’ve made a working backup of UT2003 & Mafia.

I can install from both and run from both.

The BWA graph for UT2003 did look a little spikey though?!?!

It spiked down to the bottom of the graph.

Still works fine though, takes around 1-2secs to load the game (cdcheck).

as I said… we can’t do anything. as it works with some units, and others not.
at least, even is the 2 cds solutions is not the best… it works everytime.

kamikazee,

I had the same problem with Blindread not able to keep my serial number and I was just writing an e-mail about it. However before I sent the e-mail, I checked one more time and this time it did not ask for my serial. What was different was that after I enterd the serial the last time, I read MOHAA and burned it to disk. Now when I open Blindread it does not ask for my serial. I guess actually copying a game makes the serial stay or at least it did for me.:cool:

Using UT2003 I ran this release thru the BWA paces with the 48125W and here is what happened for me, it made the bwa file from 1X all the way upto 40X the graphs were pretty consistant no spikes. At 48X it choked twice, once at 31.43% and then again at 33.51% but continued on, it spiked high a couple of times and finished with 2 known bad points. I then set it to max, it started building the graph backwards, suprised me, but it was building, it spiked bad towards the end and stayed high for a couple of seconds then returned to normal and finished with the number of bad points being 4. The main thing is that my 48125W worked at every speed, and the back-up’s they created were good enough to start and play UT2003.

Ok, just finished running the 163D DVD thru it’s paces with this release. Started at max and here is what happened, It started building the graph backwards and choked once at 92.05% but continued and finished with 10 known bad points, the graph spiked high towards the end, then ran 48X down to 1X all BWA’s were built and consistant with zero known bad points or any high spikes.

IMO it seems as tho for me the lite-on situation is solved. Thanks

One question tho, why did it start backwards when I ran it at max?

because at Max and at fixed speed, it is a totally different methods to extract information.

no ask me why… there must have a good reason the direction is different… but I don’t know it.

Well, I just tried it with fifa 2003 (safedisc 2.8x). Read with Ltd-163 nibble mode no subs; write with ltr-24102b dao pw. Copy failed.

Problem still appears to be with blindwrite rather than blindread. Tried then reading with Ltr-24102b saving image in bin/cue format and burning with fireburner. Copy succeeded.

Haven’t yet tried burning in dao pq mode (v. 4.2.3 produced totally unreadable cds with this mode on my system) nor have I yet tried the latest bwa builder or a securom very new burn with bwa file. However, given that the sd 2.8x blindwrite burn failed, I’m not overly optimistic.

I’ll post results when I’ve had time to do some more tests.

I succeeded to do a Fifa 2003 backup … using my plex S88.
but using DAO PW.

well looks like it works with my ltr 48125W vs08…

and on every speed lol !!!

problems i did encounter though is the gragh if pritty spikey !!

if you can fix the spikeyness then it should be fine :wink:

which graph ???
fifa 2003 doesn’t need bwa !

I can confirm that this will make a good backup of UT2003 (Securom New 4.8x.) Installs perfectly from Liteon CDRW. Still won’t install from plex, tosh, or asus drives. Authentication took 35 secs in Toshiba sd-m1502…12 secs in Liteon 40125s.

note: When creating the image, do not use a Plex, Toshiba, or Asus drive. If they get read errors when installing the backups, they get read errors when creating the image (at least this was the case for me.) I could only make a successful image w/the Liteon 40125s. For the .bwa file, the Toshiba was fine. If you can’t make a successful .bwa file from the disk, just d/l the .mds file from daemon tools and use it w/the physical characteristic CD dumper, convert .mds to .bwa feature.

I also successfully backed up Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 (Safedisc 2.8x.) Do not create a .bwa file for this. It is unneccessary. Use Nibble read setting w/a good reader (took 15 minutes ish w/Toshiba sd-m1502) and I wrote the image DAO pw w/enhance weak sectors off. If you don’t have a 2 sheep burner you want to have enhance weak sectors on.

Looks like blindwrite got it right this time!! Much nicer interface too.

Originally posted by kamikazee
[B]Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:	registration key not working with updates
  Sent:	23/11/2002 1:36 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'support@vso-software.com' on 23/11/2002 1:37 PM
        554 <support@vso-software.com>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied

I put this in a pm, but i guess you didn’t get it. this is what happens when I try to email you, every single email has been returned. [/B]

Kamikazee,

Are you able to send mail out to anyone? That particular error message is usually generated by Your SMTP server. Basically, what it means is that your are an unidetified host and that the mail server will not allow unidentified users to bounce mail through it. (Which is the standard config on most Linux/Unix servers) You don’t want your mail server to be an open relay for spammers to use.

WarChild

NWN securom playdisk created correctly with v424 final