Blindwrite questions!

Somethings I’m not too sure about and would like to find out the answers if I can get some help…

1. If I backup a game that has Securom New protection using Blindwrite and it’s BWA builder and the backup works fine on my computer, will it work fine on all other computers? Is there a need to have Blindwrite or the Filter installed on other computers for the backup to work?

2. Supposedly some CD Readers have trouble reading or installing games that were created with a BWA file. Therefore there is a need to make two copies of the game, one for installationa dn one for game play. Does anyone know which readers have peoblems? I read somewhere in this forum Plextor had this problem, but I have a Plextor reader and do not seem to have this problem.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Originally posted by cgcmgr
[B]Somethings I’m not too sure about and would like to find out the answers if I can get some help…

1. If I backup a game that has Securom New protection using Blindwrite and it’s BWA builder and the backup works fine on my computer, will it work fine on all other computers? Is there a need to have Blindwrite or the Filter installed on other computers for the backup to work?

2. Supposedly some CD Readers have trouble reading or installing games that were created with a BWA file. Therefore there is a need to make two copies of the game, one for installationa dn one for game play. Does anyone know which readers have peoblems? I read somewhere in this forum Plextor had this problem, but I have a Plextor reader and do not seem to have this problem.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks [/B]

Questions:

1: yes you can backup securom NEW and it will work on your mates pc aswell !

if your backup works with out blindwrite installed or its auto play turned off example : NO EMULATION then yes if your backup still works then it should work on enyother pc !

2: plex readers dont have this problem enymore !
if the BWA is created With out Spikes ! and with useing 425 bw the latest versions have a probelm writeing the BWA information to cdr if your use 425 and the BWA has no spikes then YES you only NEED 1 cd for install and for play !

hope this helps.l

OK, I know we had this discussion in another thread, but 4.2.8 seems to work well for me although you prefer 4.2.5.

I have another question though…Let’s say I use Blindwrite to make a backup of a Securom NEW game, using the BWA file and the backup works fine. Now, I know I already have the BWA file, but can I use the BWA builder on the copy to create another BWA file? Will this produce a correct BWA?

I guess basically I want to know if I can make a working backup of a backup. Can I just use a disc copy program like Nero or CloneCD, or would I have to build a BWA file and then use Blindwrite?

Sorry…one more question…When using BWA builder, what does “automatic set last sector” mean? Should I say yes or no?

making a backup of a backup: impossible if u use the twin sector method of burning
as for the autoplay method, imnot sure i have to do more tests on it, but it owuld make sense that blindwrite would be needed to make that backup instead of nero.
lastly the automatic last sector question means that it is asking if u want bwabuilder to look for the end of the cd and just read all of that cd. in other words, say yes all the time.

Originally posted by salil
making a backup of a backup: impossible if u use the twin sector method of burning
as for the autoplay method, imnot sure i have to do more tests on it, but it owuld make sense that blindwrite would be needed to make that backup instead of nero.
lastly the automatic last sector question means that it is asking if u want bwabuilder to look for the end of the cd and just read all of that cd. in other words, say yes all the time.

you can make a backup of a backup ! its very easy infact !

all you do is keep the BWA file you used to make that backup

and use blindwrite to make a image then use blindwrite again with the original BWA and create the burn again :slight_smile:

easy…