Blindwrite and problems with Securom New

vbimport

Hi everyone,

I have problems making working backups of Warcraft 3 Reign Of Chaos and Empire Earth.

I have not tested too many of my other games with similar versions of securom yet.

Warcraft 3 uses SecuRom - 4.68.00.4608 Empire Earth uses SecuRom - 4.54.00.0050.

I can make working backups using different software like Alcohol 120.

I have tested older versions of Blindwrite like 4.5.7 and the newer 5.07 and 5.08 versions all with no luck.

I can backup later versions of Securom 4.8X with the BWA file methods and automatic methods of 5.07.

8/01/2004 1:49:12 AM info ******************** Report session closed *********************
8/01/2004 1:49:09 AM info Writing completed in 03:26
8/01/2004 1:49:00 AM info Finalize started
8/01/2004 1:45:46 AM info Write started
8/01/2004 1:45:46 AM info Buffer Under-run protection is enabled
8/01/2004 1:45:46 AM warning Media topology ignored.
8/01/2004 1:45:43 AM info Backup tagged for Autoplay
8/01/2004 1:45:43 AM info DAO PW writing mode selected
8/01/2004 1:45:43 AM info Writing speed required x372, effective x40
8/01/2004 1:45:43 AM info DAO writing mode preferred
8/01/2004 1:45:43 AM info Media ID can’t be read
8/01/2004 1:45:43 AM info Writing CD-ROM Disc [WARCRAFT_III] - Image Size 732 Mb.
8/01/2004 1:45:43 AM info Writing device : 1:0:0 - LITE-ON LTR-40125S ZS0R [E] (Ide)
8/01/2004 1:42:34 AM info Topology extraction completed in 05:50
8/01/2004 1:36:43 AM info Topology: x8 Read required, x8 selected
8/01/2004 1:36:43 AM info Topology extraction started
8/01/2004 1:36:42 AM info Extraction successful in 02:38
8/01/2004 1:34:06 AM info Free Space on destination path 794 Mb.
8/01/2004 1:34:06 AM info Reading CD-ROM Disc [WARCRAFT_III] - Image Size 732 Mb.
8/01/2004 1:34:06 AM info Read data with subcodes PW for track 1
8/01/2004 1:34:04 AM info Reading device : 1:0:0 - LITE-ON LTR-40125S ZS0R [E] (Ide)
8/01/2004 1:34:04 AM info Extraction started
8/01/2004 1:33:44 AM info Using Patin-Couffin driver Version 1.18, Internal revision 18
8/01/2004 1:33:44 AM info Autoplay driver active. Version 4
8/01/2004 1:33:43 AM info ParamStr 0 = “C:\Program Files\VSO\BlindWrite5\BW.exe”
8/01/2004 1:33:43 AM info User default language : 3081 (0x0C09h) - English (Australian)
8/01/2004 1:33:43 AM info System default language : 1033 (0x0409h) - English (United States)
8/01/2004 1:33:43 AM info Version 5.0.7.122
8/01/2004 1:33:43 AM info Title : BlindWrite 5.0.7.122
8/01/2004 1:33:43 AM info ExeName : “C:\Program Files\VSO\BlindWrite5\BW.exe”
8/01/2004 1:33:43 AM info OS : Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
8/01/2004 1:33:43 AM info ******************** Report session started ********************

12/01/2004 11:50:58 PM info ******************** Report session closed *********************
12/01/2004 11:50:53 PM info Writing completed in 09:24
12/01/2004 11:50:46 PM info Finalize started
12/01/2004 11:41:31 PM info Write started
12/01/2004 11:41:31 PM info Buffer Under-run protection is enabled
12/01/2004 11:41:29 PM info Backup tagged for Autoplay
12/01/2004 11:41:29 PM info DAO PW writing mode selected
12/01/2004 11:41:29 PM info Writing speed required x8, effective x8
12/01/2004 11:41:29 PM info DAO writing mode preferred
12/01/2004 11:41:29 PM info Media ID can’t be read
12/01/2004 11:41:29 PM info Writing CD-ROM Disc [WARCRAFT_III] - Image Size 732 Mb.
12/01/2004 11:41:29 PM info Writing device : 1:0:0 - LITE-ON LTR-40125S ZS0R [E] (Ide)
12/01/2004 11:40:52 PM warning Topology extraction skipped
12/01/2004 11:40:46 PM warning Skip Topology requested
12/01/2004 11:40:44 PM info Fast Topology: Max speed selected, x48 returned by device
12/01/2004 11:40:44 PM info Topology extraction started
12/01/2004 11:40:41 PM info Extraction successful in 02:45
12/01/2004 11:37:57 PM info Free Space on destination path 893 Mb.
12/01/2004 11:37:57 PM info Reading CD-ROM Disc [WARCRAFT_III] - Image Size 732 Mb.
12/01/2004 11:37:57 PM info Read data with subcodes PW for track 1
12/01/2004 11:37:56 PM info Reading device : 1:0:0 - LITE-ON LTR-40125S ZS0R [E] (Ide)
12/01/2004 11:37:56 PM info Extraction started
12/01/2004 11:37:15 PM info Using Patin-Couffin driver Version 1.19, Internal revision 19
12/01/2004 11:37:15 PM info Autoplay driver active. Version 4
12/01/2004 11:37:15 PM info ParamStr 0 = “C:\Program Files\VSO\BlindWrite5\BW.exe”
12/01/2004 11:37:14 PM info User default language : 3081 (0x0C09h) - English (Australian)
12/01/2004 11:37:14 PM info System default language : 1033 (0x0409h) - English (United States)
12/01/2004 11:37:14 PM info Version 5.0.8.123
12/01/2004 11:37:14 PM info Title : BlindWrite 5.0.8.123
12/01/2004 11:37:14 PM info ExeName : “C:\Program Files\VSO\BlindWrite5\BW.exe”
12/01/2004 11:37:14 PM info OS : Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
12/01/2004 11:37:13 PM info ******************** Report session started ********************

Sorry for this long post, but does anyone else have this problem or similar problems with older versions of Securom New ???..

Thanks.

I had the same problem with Aliens vs Preditor and AvsP Primal Hunt. I never was able to get them to work with blindwrite even though newer versions of Securom worked for me. No telling why it is that way.

I had the same problem with Aliens vs Preditor

i had the us-version of that game (alien vs. predator 2) and it was using laserlok as protection… no luck with bw, but worked with clone cd 4.2.0.2 :wink:
yes… the good old times… :wink:
@blakesim:
why do you want to back up the game using bw if you say:

I can make working backups using different software like Alcohol 120.
???

It would have been great if my version had the same…I have the UK version of Aliens VS Predator 2 Securom 4.54.00.0018 and Primal Hunt is the German version Securom 4.77.00.0012

I got my working copy with Alcohol, and had no need to try it with the newer BW5, but BW 4.5.7 never worked for me with these two games.

I figure if I can get a working copy with one software, I really dont need to do anything else. Or does someone need more than one copy?..hmmmmmm?

What do you do with all those copies blakesim?

Or does someone need more than one copy?..hmmmmmm?

good question, the only answer possible should be “no”… :cop: :bigsmile:
before i got my plex premium, which at the moment is definitely the best securom killer, i tried to burn securom new with a lg burner - it worked, but ONLY with bw 4.2.5, i tried many other versions and i did reinstall windows many times to have a clean system to install newer / older bw versions but only this one worked for me, of course, not using autoplay - with autoplay enabled it worked with nearly any version.
i know that up to date the version 4.2.5 is not working for the newest securoms anymore, but maybe you should think of installing this old version on another system (or install a 2nd copy of your windows to the same computer using another partition and a boot-manager) to burn those “old” games (without emulation)…

Hi all,

To answer a couple of those ?'s.

In my post i said the backups don’t work that i have made with BW and Clonecd of those games i mentioned so they end up in the bin why would i keep backups that don’t work anyway.

If that is having too many copies then i am guilty.

I do this for my own interest or benifit not so i can have multiple backups, i only need one but if people don’t try once in a while how do any of these copy protections ever get beaten anyway.

I live in hope that BW will be the program in the end that can backup most of the common copy protections not just trying to beat the latest and greatest ones.

I am a registered user of BW and Clonecd and i don’t want to buy another license right now for another program if i can avoid it.

I am hoping BW will come rescue myself and many other users like myself from needing to use more than 1 program more like need 3 to backup our very common copy protected software well the games i mentioned must be in the millions of genuine game owners many of them must also want to backup there investments too.

Anyway thanks for your replies guys.

I myself hope BW will be able to do this and similar versions of Securom in the not to distant future but i wont hold my breath either.

Seeyas…

@ kid185

Why do all your posts seem to be aimed at attacking other users of this forum?

It is important that people test out the latest backup software so that bugs can be found and fixed, and better backups can be made. I do not want to risk making my original game cds unusable, so a backup cd is the best solution.

Don’t go pre-judging people or making false accusations. The forum will run much smoother if we just try and help each other, rather than attacking them! :cop:

Well exsqeeeezzzzzzzeeeee me!

I think I made a helpful answer, but just wanted to make sure I wasnt supporting piracy. If that is attacking, then maybe I am guilty.

I pointed out in my answer that previous versions of securom were not backed up very good by BW, although newer versions of the same protection had better results. I do believe he asked if this was the case with any of us…or did I completly miss the point?

Most people expect that a new version of a software will backup every previous version of a protection when it backs up a later one. This would of course be nice, and It may not even be a bad expectation. Some copy software has not been able to accomplish this in the past, and also not in the present. BW is one of these. That doesnt make it a bad product. In todays world, with 10s of Companies producing CD and DVD drives, Mainboards, Chipsets, and other Hardware that makes up the modern PC, It is impossible to write a software that will back up every copyprotection, every version, or for every computer. There are too many variables. If you read the forum awhile, you will realize that there are almost as many solutions (that work for some), as there are threads in this forum. One software works for one game, and doesnt work for another even when they have the same version of the same copyprotection. If you read about the different flexibilities in the Securom and Safedisk Protections, you will realize that this can actually be the case…the protection can be implemented different in one game than in another.

Is it wrong, or negative, or an attack on someones intelligence to point these things out? To recognize that there is no one solution copy program? The situation is getting worse all the time. We all have to face it, and see that we use the flexibility that we have to use more than one copy program to fight the everchanging situation with copy protection.

The other solution would be to put the develpers of Alcohol, BW, CloneCD, Daemon Tools, Diskjuggler, ect… all into one big clump, and let them write one software that does it all. I bet a meeting of them would look like the UN Security Council discussing the Iraq War. Its probably much better that we have so many choices of software to choose from.

I really dont mean to be negative on this forum…We are all here to help, but some answers sound more like bragging, or guaranteed solutions. There are no guarenteed solutions these days. Sometimes when people try to help others, they forget to mention that it isnt as easy as it sounds, and that the solutions offered just might not be the solution that works for them. I only try to point this out.

If I look at the posts that were answered today only, there are 4 that deal with how can someone copy Securom 4.8x . That is just in the BW forum. And people still dont read them before starting a new one. Others write the exact same answers in each one of them. (Plain and simple…Plextor Premium, Twinpeaks, Autoplay…just as an example. ) Even though the threads are full of reports and questions from people who had no luck with these methods, they are still thrown out as pat solutions, even before getting any information as to which hardware the person has, or if he might be even interested in buying a new hard or software to make his copy. Or if he buys many PC games, to where it would loan itself to buy new hard or software. Maybe the questions come from someone who buys one game a year. And he would like to copy just this one game. for 40 bucks it costs for another software, or 60 to 100 bucks he would give out for a new burner, he could buy another original as backup.

@kid185:
wow, long reply…
but i have to say that i must agree with “CD 1986” - many of your posts sound like you’re saying: “you’re wrong, MY opinion is the only right” or similar…
i recognized that you also attack(ed) many of my threads / replies - at least it sounds that way if i read your posts.
i think you should just try to change you way of writing to a not so offense way, if you have another opinion than somebody else then say it a little more objective.

Others write the exact same answers in each one of them. (Plain and simple…Plextor Premium, Twinpeaks, Autoplay…just as an example. )

yes, but think: maybe this is the only way to control the number of threads, cause as you say, many people open new threads for things that they could read in another one. and if the solution IS using a plex prem, trying twinpeaks and / or autoplay, then, why shouldn’t this be answered?
if one asks how to copy a safedisc 2.8 protected game using alcohol 120%, you will tell him how it works - independent from how often you told it other people before…
one has a problem, another one repeats something that someone has said before - that is the way this forum works…

hard to say what i mean, but i hope you got it?!?

let’s just try to help each other by usefull posts, and not just write “… why do you ask that???” and not giving help…
greetz,
Raz

I have tested older versions of Blindwrite like 4.5.7 and the newer 5.07 and 5.08 versions all with no luck.
As suggested on the VSO website you may want to roll back to 5.0.2 and give it a try. The current version 5.0.7 may have some problems with the topology extraction and timing, version 5.0.8 was never officially released, and therefore should have never been used or even tried. Just because people find a new version on the FTP it does not mean that it is stable or even in working order, so when an unofficial release is used, it is used at your own risk.

One must look at the big picture…and accept that there is no one way that works. I have tried to present this view on several threads, and what mostly has come as a reply to this view from guys like kamikazze, razor, shoey, ect…is:

Yes there is a way that works everytime, first time for me…so it must work first time everytime for you also. This is hardly helping anyone, so I have reacted negative to this attitude. Read my first post on many threads…they are not negative, and tell it like it is without bias to one software or another.

There is an exception to this…I did get stupid and did the same thing with Diskdump that was later condemned by you guys…And I got jumped all over for saying that Diskdump was the best Answer for Safedisk 3, because it also doesnt work with 3.15. I got told by everyone and his brother that I shouldnt push a program that doesnt work for the latest version of Safedisk. I even accepted that, and agree. Now I get told I am negative because I push the very same point to others.

Why does everyone have to defend their favorite software to the bitter end? A software isnt bad if it doesnt copy a particular protection at this time…but it shouldnt be a crime to point out that a software isnt very reliable with certain protections right now. I react very negative when someone wants to play pitbull and protect his favorite software to the very last, as if I am damning it for saying it dont work reliably right now. I accept that some people have had very good results with BW4.25 and Securom 4.8x…I just feel they should be able to accept that they are in a small group, and that most have problems with this software and Securom 4.8x.

Please forgive me in advance for pointing that out.:wink:

I try to remain quiet, but apperently kid185 has made his main mission in life to follow several people around and try to contradict everything they say, read my post very carefully and understand I made a suggestion based on certain facts, that the thread starter mentioned. Everyone knows it is based on configurations as well as certain other factors. But you have made it your mission to follow people around through these threads and contradict whatever help they are trying to provide, these are suggestions based on user experiences and evidently it is you that fail to understand that fact, and why more blindwrite team members no longer respond as much as they used to, why should they we have you to straighten everything out, and make things right. Helping somebody is one thing, but you have stepped over that line. Hopefully a mod will see this and edit out all the unnecassary garbage you helped to start, that way the thread starter can actually see and try to see if anything mentioned in this thread helps him out.

There is an exception to this…I did get stupid and did the same thing with Diskdump that was later condemned by you guys…And I got jumped all over for saying that Diskdump was the best Answer for Safedisk 3, because it also doesnt work with 3.15. I got told by everyone and his brother that I shouldnt push a program that doesnt work for the latest version of Safedisk. I even accepted that, and agree. Now I get told I am negative because I push the very same point to others.

I don’t think I have mentioned diskdump ever not once in how many posts do I have, not once and there is a simple reason I don’t use it. You haven’t made one suggestion as to a solution to his question, only condemned several people for saying that they were successful with blindwrite, or suggesting that he roll back to a certain version because the current version is broke and you couldn’t leave it at that you had to start something as you always do.

You haven’t made one suggestion as to a solution to his question, only condemned several people for saying that they were successful with blindwrite, or suggesting that he roll back to a certain version

Wrong!

His original question was this:

Sorry for this long post, but does anyone else have this problem or similar problems with older versions of Securom New ???..

I suggested that he stick with Alcohol since it worked for him, and pointed out that I had similar results with BW .

(This of course dont sit right with you…how could anyone not be able to copy Securom with BW.)

So…my original reply wasnt an attack on anyone of you…Why did you guys attack me?.-…I have a right to my opinion too. And when the makers of Blind Write share my view that it is not good with all Securom versions, then how could this view be wrong?

Kamikazee…when you dont like what I have to say…there is a way for you to blend my replies out, so you dont have to read them. I will blend you out, since I havent read one helpful post from you yet that wasnt an attack on anyone that doesnt share your view.

PS…there is no need for you to reply…I wont be able to read it!

Hello,

Thanks for your replies once again everyone.

I had seen the post about downgrading BW on the forum and the info on the web site about it but i wasn’t going to bother as i had not had the topology reading problems like some others have mentioned.

But now part of the blindwrite team “kamikazee” says i should downgrade then i will do that for now thanks for the reminder kamikazee.

I don’t think i will backup anything else with BW now until i see a new fixed version released and some posts that the topology reading is fixed and the liteon speed issue is fixed.

Damn it the unreleased 508 had fixed the liteon speed issue for me oh well the BW team will get it all fixed up soon i am sure well i hope they do.

Thanks again everyone…

PS…there is no need for you to reply…I wont be able to read it!

lol - i close my eyes so i don’t see my problems!!! :wink:
kid, the problem was NOT exactly THIS thread here, it is your complete type of writing…
i can not remember a single “helpful” post of you, all i know when i think about you is that you say things like “…everyone is wrong here, what they all tell is not working for everybody…” or “…this happened to me, too…” or things like that…
helping means also to tell people that are not using their computers for 48 hours a day ( :wink: ) things, that work for 95 % - and if this doesn’t work then even tell them things that worked for maybe 5% of all people - maybe exactly THIS is what solves the problem…
and still, you don’t seem to think about what we are trying to tell you…
greetz,
Raz

ps: if my posts are stupid for you, then how about “blending me out”? maybe this solves your problem also this time…

Very Very interesting…Now the bell has sounded so get back to
corner and no more fighting!!!

Ivanhoe…

The TRUTH is a LIE waiting to be told.

But now part of the blindwrite team “kamikazee” says i should downgrade then i will do that for now thanks for the reminder kamikazee.

I don’t think i will backup anything else with BW now until i see a new fixed version released and some posts that the topology reading is fixed and the liteon speed issue is fixed.

I hope the rollback works for and sorry we can’t give any better information or a solution than to rollback and try again, Don’t worry about it, the developer will get it fixed pretty soon and hopefully the next version will iron out 95% of the bugs, but until then continue to use what works and just hold tight, A new version should be released soon.

To #2 and #4

Alien versus Predator 2 (UK version) + Primal Hunt.

Using Blindwrite v. 5.1.10.136. (Profile: Automatic).
These two media both works: Verbatim: CD-RW 16/24 700 Mb. and CD-R Disc Power 52x 700 Mb from www.billigmedien.de
I found that the copies (CD-R +CD-RW) made with LiteOn LTR-52327S can both be installed from and used for playback.
I had Clone CD to hide CD-R (default on PC-boot) during install and play - though I’m not sure if it’s a ‘must’ in the case of Securom !! - never tested it !!

hi NUUK25, i think for securom 4.8 a CD-R (or ATIP) hiding utility must be used if the game is being played in a cd burner, but not in a reader, as for securom 5 i have found that it does not do a ATIP check so it can be played in all drives without any emulation (eg hide CD-R media). i am not sure about securom new as i have never tried this, but i think it does not have a ATIP check, is this correct?

@HelperMonkey: The ATIP check was introduced in SR new 4.xx (maybe that’s what the ‘new’ stands for ?), long before the 4.8x versions.