Blindwrite 5 first impressions

Well I have tried with Blindwrite 5 x.110 version to burn 3 total images. Every single image has set the burner to 4x burn mode. I’m not impressed. I run Blindwrite 4 and it says ANY MODE is acceptable. So what the heck is wrong with 5 that it won’t burn an image over 4 speed? NEC 1100A DVD Writer.

welcome molitar,

you might want to go ahead and update to new version 5. Blindwrite version is up to 5.0.2.113 . They new version is on VSO webpage . Update to that please and post if you have more problems. Also can you post your log file .

gio

Originally posted by molitar
Well I have tried with Blindwrite 5 x.110 version to burn 3 total images. Every single image has set the burner to 4x burn mode. I’m not impressed. I run Blindwrite 4 and it says ANY MODE is acceptable. So what the heck is wrong with 5 that it won’t burn an image over 4 speed? NEC 1100A DVD Writer.

i beleive the new version fixes some speed issues…atleast it did for me i was getting the opposite where everything burned at 48x even with 24x media:o . 113 seems to slow it down to 24x now.

You don’t say what type of media or what kind of Images could you be more specific?

All 3 were Cue/bin images… no protection on any of them. I’ll try the new version and see if that fixes the problem. If not I’ll post the log file.

Btw where is all the checking in 5? in 4.x you had a check image capability that would recommend settings. But in 5 all I see is automatic and no checking whatsoever… it’s hard to believe 5 is better than 4 when it seems much of the capability is removed. Don’t see a BWA builder and since I’m getting a new game in that I know is going to be well protected that I plan to make a backup of especially since it’s costing me $50 for it. I’ll see how it does than. But where’s all the burn options located? No mode selection ect.

No longer required, BW5 will determine the best settings for you, if you want more control over BW5 then download the BW5 tweaker and use it.

Kamikazee ok I’ll check out the tweaker. I wasn’t sure what that was for.