vbimport

HI,

if you are :

1 ) legally registered user
2 ) with DSL line connection
3 ) with MSN messager account
4 ) expert user

you can add me on your msn list for the alpha/beta test of blindwrite 5
( fabrice_meuwissen@hotmail.com ) MSN only !

1: yes
2: No 56k unfortunatly :confused:
3: Nope Email only…
4: Yes .

if you need my help mate i should would like to be a betatester.

email me : v2k@v2kv2k.freeserve.co.uk

cheers.

due to the numbers of request… I assume very few people on this forums are registered users… actual testers can maybe put here their feeling about the current version of BW5 …

im going to test BW5 with Unreal Tournament 2003

SecuROM new 4.8+ Protection

i will let you know how it goes m8 later tommorow…
stay tuned…

by the way congrats on the new interface it trully is great…

im going to test BW5 with Unreal Tournament 2003
You need to find something a little tougher than this, securom should pose no problem at all anymore.

BlindWrite 5 is the closest thing to a one click solution as your going to get. You no longer even need to determine the protection present on the disk you will back up. Everything is preset for you. BW 5 will do what is needed to help you get the best back-up possible. No more did you enable RMPS did you hide media, no more try twinpeaks and a BWA file. Blindwrite 5 has been redone from the ground up and it shows, in the Interface and the simplicity of use.
For those of you that are registered owners and have not signed on to the testing might I suggest you do, you would find it hard to believe that this is an alpha phase. BW 5 has handily back-up all safedisc and securom protected disks I have tried.
BlindWrite 5 will prove to be the best software solution for your back-up needs. As testing continues I will add to my post here. Have any questions about Blindwrite 5 ask away

Are you able to backup SD2.9 games now ?

Was your Plex. Prem. able to backup SD2.9 software out of the box,
or was it/is it like my Plex. Prem. wich is not able to backup SD2.9 ?
Is your drive now able to backup SD2.9 with the help of BW5,
do you need special settings ( AWS…) to do this ?

many thx 4 inf.

hallo51

Are you able to backup SD2.9 games now

mine always has been and still can…

do you need special settings ( AWS…) to do this ?

Blindwrite 5 will determine and automatically apply the settings needed, based on the hardware used, just remember it will not make-up for your hardwares inabilities.

Securom on the other hand should now be doable with just about anything, If my Kenwood TrueX 72X was able to make a useable image to write to the disk then anything can. A new stronger, more accurate method has bee developed to help everyone, not just Plextor, but Plextor will still be king in this area.

I agree with Kam …I am so satisfied with it and just the new look is awesome …just one click …I been testing this for awhile and it is the king of kings now …no mroe remember settings or anything … just easy point and click … .i have been able to backup all safedisc and all securom too …they are all t0o easy …

.UT2003 I have done with no problem at all … i cant wait til public uses it …they will be truly impressed …

one thing I do miss though …I know this version does a log at the end …but I like other blindwrite where you can save log at end of each process [ read and write ] cause I always saved them in the folders I made …but hey that is just a small little concern …but there log they have does great at very end … and the new shortcut to it is nice too …reason why I like option of saving after each process so you can read it and incase something went wrong then you can read the disc and make image again or if it happen in burn part you can see it right then and there so you know you dont hvae to redo the image …but hey that is just me

other than that I dont think any software can beat them hands down now … I just love it …

@ giovanni42104

Why u don’t send ideas to VSO ?

And I can confirm that BW5 is coool :stuck_out_tongue:

oh i will just thought i would post it here incase someone else agreed with me or disagreed … didnt know if everyone else had an opinion about that

but I have to say i love it worth the money

all hail the jedi masters

:bow: :bow: :bow:

The log is supposed to be saved by default, in the folder in which the image is created.

Originally posted by kamikazee
[B]You need to find something a little tougher than this, securom should pose no problem at all anymore.

BlindWrite 5 is the closest thing to a one click solution as your going to get. You no longer even need to determine the protection present on the disk you will back up. Everything is preset for you. BW 5 will do what is needed to help you get the best back-up possible. No more did you enable RMPS did you hide media, no more try twinpeaks and a BWA file. Blindwrite 5 has been redone from the ground up and it shows, in the Interface and the simplicity of use.
For those of you that are registered owners and have not signed on to the testing might I suggest you do, you would find it hard to believe that this is an alpha phase. BW 5 has handily back-up all safedisc and securom protected disks I have tried.
BlindWrite 5 will prove to be the best software solution for your back-up needs. As testing continues I will add to my post here. Have any questions about Blindwrite 5 ask away [/B]

that was not so sure as you are going to tell it here, my tests (2 different games, both worked before with bwv4.5.7 but with bw5 alpha) with plextor premium and v.36 didn’T work for securom, next test i made was with v.38 then and that one then worked.

Btw. for all those who like this new auto-setting for everything, I like it too but there at least SHOULD be the possibility to change the auto-settings for example if they get detected wrong or you want to make some special tests, for example with lower speeds … .

I mean this thing is really good, but as said you should be able to change the “detected” settings somehow.

the newest alpha fixes that .

newest one today is .41

try it with that

also what games ?
i hvae burnt everything with my plex drive and works fine

also I know he has settings as option but has it shut off til full testing is done then we probably work on that I am sure

The new read engine is great for Safe Disk Games as well.
For example taking only 2:07 to read RON (Safe Disk 2.7) to hard drive – Superb

Just hope D-Tools will be able to read this new BW 5 container soon!

JP

@giovanni42104:
as said the problem was already fixed in v.38 (for me).

well i couldnt remember the version number but I know it was fixed lol

that was not so sure as you are going to tell it here, my tests

remember, remember, remember this is an alpha, there may be bugs but my point is this for this to be an alpha, just wait for the final.

Just hope D-Tools will be able to read this new BW 5 container soon!

Don’t llok for it anytime soon this is just an alpha release.

In my opinion: I hope they don’t give the new file format to daemon tools, because if daemon tools gets it that means alcohol gets it, remember you can’t just arbitrarily incude support for another format without permission. BlindWrite is a tool in it’s own right and does it’s own thing alcohol was made and intends to do something else as does daemon tools. They are both made to emulate and use virtual drive, BlindWrite is made to give you a physical back-up.

Don’t llok for it anytime soon this is just an alpha release.

well: i don’t think so. Can’t tell more here. Has something to do with d-tools beta and bw5 alpha.

remember, remember, remember this is an alpha, there may be bugs but my point is this for this to be an alpha, just wait for the final.

I know that this is an alpha and that it can have bugs, I only wanted to mention that not everything worked from the begining as you said. Becasue as you said it, every backup worked fine from the begining, which was not true - because of bugs, … . For example v.36 was the first release with the Plextor Premium method included, which didn’t then work well for all - like for me - this bug then got fixed (for me) in v.38 . So you see before v.36 this method was not even available and with v.36 there could have been bugs for this method and well what i can say for sure that with v.38 it worked then for me.

to sum up , the interesting point to outline is :
since the current version .41 is anyone has a failed backup of a cd or dvd ?