Blindwrite 5.2.1

vbimport

a beta can be found here up we validate more test and investigate some minor problems

now , the patin couffin 24 ( in this version ) can work with blindwrite 4 again … no need to do the aspi manipulations.

http://vso.nerim.net/BlindWrite5_setup_521.exe

if you have annoying bug or suggestion we can reproduce , tell me… I can’t guarantee but we will take a look.

V.ery S.ervice O.riented
Thank you !!!

@lapinou, is there in the near future an update planned that will kill some protections that at the moment can’t be copied??

Just tried it and it’s working wonderful thanks again :).

@Namoh

unfornutly , there is no planning for newest protections. I could ignored the question, I only say the truth. the topic and the reasons are too complex to be discussed here.
I understand your frustation and be sure we share it.

[QUOTE=lapinou]@Namoh

unfornutly , there is no planning for newest protections.

No planning…no need… no future

…in the NEAR future

At least it was put out there for you to read and stop guessing, which is more than others have done.

A clear states, thanks for this kamikazee.

Just to prevent any misunderstanding, with my post I quoted Namoh:
@lapinou, is there in the near future an update planned…
So i don’t agree with deodeo. Sorry, should have written that clearer.
Now as i read it again, it really looks mean.

You mean that BW development is now stopped?

no, bw isnt stopped and problably never will. theyrre talking about the protections that cant be backed up.

Can I inquire as to the compatibility of BlindWrite with recent dual-layer burners? I have the LG GSA-4120 and have not yet tried burning a DL disk using the evaluation copy of Blindwrite (as they are very expensive and I am nervous about making a coaster). However, Nero has a 50/50 success/fail rate for me after two DL burns, and as far as I am concerned it’s not good enough, given that Nero was the bundled software with the drive.

Is BlindWrite likely to be a better option for future DL burning? Many thanks.

Bummer! :frowning: :sad:

Although I could guess for the reasons, I won’t, but this is really a bad development.

But to clear things up: are you talking about “the near future” as I was asking or are you talking about 6 months or more??

no, bw isnt stopped and problably never will. theyrre talking about the protections that cant be backed up.

Sorry, but isn’t that the same thing? If you’re not developing to crack the latest protections, then in all senses, development has stopped and you’re only doing bug fixes.

Sorry, but isn’t that the same thing? If you’re not developing to crack the latest protections, then in all senses, development has stopped and you’re only doing bug fixes.

No it’s not the same thing, there are many things out there that aren’t protected, personal cd’s/dvd’s, still plenty of things people can copy, it’s not the same thing at all.

So what? If they’re not protected, I can copy them using Roxio or Ahead. That’s not a great sales pitch. The reason customers stood behind BW for so long was because it was a good CD backup tool, even becoming the premier until recently. I am assuming that development you are talking about is to continue in another direction, say making it an all-in-one suite so that you can create new CD/DVD’s as well as copy some protections. Is that where the development is going? Not a bad move, but if at all possible, development needs to continue on overcoming the protections. But then, I freely admit that I am ignorant of how these copy protections really work, I am strictly an end user who is dependent on software developers to make this stuff work under a nice, easy to use GUI. It will be a shame if these guys (Software/Music/Movie manufacturers) get away with making stuff that we who actually buy the CD’s/DVD’s cannot make backup copies.

Well I don’t want to be rude, but just as Saruman says, I can copy non-protected CD’s/DVD’s with Nero, Roxio, CDRWin or whatever other proggie that you can think off.

Maybe the BlindWrite Team has good reasons to go this way, but I think that they will dig their own grave.

BW is famous because it’s a great protection killer, if that’s gonna be over for BW because with every burner you get Nero or Roxio which can do the same as the future BW. If BW can’t copy the newest protections everyone will switch to Alcohol120% or even (Slysoft’s) CloneCD.

I hope the BW Team is just on a holiday and will release a new version soon, which will copy every protection available at the moment and proof me wrong.

Namoh,

The problem is that BW is probably running into the same problems that the other copy software co’s are running into. I.e. that the copy protections are getting harder and more clever to beat. CloneCD has been stumped for a while now (about a year) and Alchy has been stumped for the past few months, both co.'s seem to be only releasing what I would call “bug fixes”, they’re not really releasing new copy prot. killers.

BTW, Kamikazee either assumes that the other co’s (Sly, Alchy, etc.) have stopped development on copying other protections or has been in contact with their developers and knows that they have stopped. If he is just assuming, he could be wrong, they could be trying to kill these new protections, however, these new protections appear to be very difficult and look to be defeating many of the newest drives from drive manus who were well known prot killer drive manus in the past. At least that appears to be the gist from what I have read on the copy prot’s forum.