Blindwrite 4.2.5 / Insektor / Autoplay

Hi,

I just want to add some note about this feature.
First we will release a new version in few days, the version will allow an enhanced support of bwa without using twinpeak anymore but autoplay feature, it will allow to use only 1 disc, and even to burn the image using SAO cooked if people don’t have the DAO PW writing mode.
But !!!
for the upcoming version and the current one… I have some test report and tips

1 ) remove insektor and use autoplay … but autoplay is working only on images done using BW 4.2.5
2 ) we don’t why, but we see some instabilities when ( before we wondered why we received some weird report ) you install too much software like CloneCD + Alcohol + Insektor + BW …
I am sorry to tell that, but my test computer launch game much faster when using less resident software…
3 ) Liteon Users… I don’t know if it is only my imagination but I upgraded the firmware of my LiteonX52 and it seems to work much better…

I hope it helps some people.

Lapinou wrote:

First we will release a new version in few days, the version will allow an enhanced support of bwa without using twinpeak anymore but autoplay feature

Sorry, does this mean that there will be no more twin sectors technique involved in the burning of protected Securom NEW games but a mere emulation of the data density?

Sorry but there’s already Alcohol for it. We don’t need another emulator :slight_smile:

“Fr4nz” wrote:
>
[…]
>

>Sorry but there’s already Alcohol for it. We don’t need another
>emulator

…of course you do, if all you own is your registered version of Blindwrite and your trial periods on other software have expired.

…of course you do, if all you own is your registered version of Blindwrite and your trial periods on other software have expired.

yea, what he said

What I wanted to say is that IMHO is an error to remove the Twinpeak technique from Blindwrite…

Fr4nz , feel free to use any available product.

the twinpeak method can be easily detected by protection updates.

anyway, you should not considered give a opinion about the way we do it, but only on the results, in my opinion.

Ok, but I have one nagging question, let me see if I get this the new version will no longer work the way it does with twin peak this means you are going to do something special, does that mean I will have to have blindwrite installed on all my machines in order for my back-up to work??

Yes Kamikazee, they want to do something like that…
It’s like the new Hide-CDR function in CloneCD.

Hmm i wont use it then…at least not as long as twinpeaks method works. I like my copies to work standalone without any emulation. Only if there is no other choice i would consider using it. And even then i dont know if i wouldnt prefer a cr@ck over any emulation.

But to make one thing clear: Twinpeak+CloneCD give much better results for me than BW anyway, i can run and install from the same CD fine, from all my drives. With Blindwrite copies i often have crc errors during install, so i would need to burn 2 CDs.
One with and one without BWA.
(by the way, using the same BWA file with both methods as i usually get my BWAs from the net since they usually look better than mine (Greetings to Allmighty, your Aquanox2 BWA is the bomb))

Anyway, more emulation stuff is a reason for me to not get a new license for Blindwrite which will expire soon.
The part of Blindsuite that has some REAL value is BWABuilder, since its much more precise than alc120’s mds/DPM i think.

guys,

some precisions :

for next version :
twinpeak will be still used if you don’t have the autoplay activated. but as you know the results depends on the reader/writer used, it’s why we can’t have only this technique.

about installation and run of the game on various computers, of course we will release later a ligh filter installation only. so you will not need to install the full blindwrite suite.

about clonecd+twinpeak, we didn’t try, and I wait probable result it is better than what we did.

about more emulation stuff, I don’t really understand what is the matter, and people who refuses this, will maybe understand a day, that it is exactly what clonecd is/will doing.

Some people didn’t understand techniques involved into the latest protection, and to provide the best use of backup, emulation is required because twinpeak is not accurate for everybody and every hardware.

Nicely said, mon ami

It was just a question I has was all, If software works I have no problem using it. ! question tho, are we going to have to pay for

Lapinou:
about installation and run of the game on various computers, of course we will release later a ligh filter installation only. so you will not need to install the full blindwrite suite.

the reason I ask is because I use removeable harddrives all my games are on one, and all my burning/video editing software is on another, and then I have 3 more computers the kids use when they play against each other or when I have a server running, I just don’t want to have to buy 4 more copies of blindwrite suite.

Originally posted by kamikazee
[B]It was just a question I has was all, If software works I have no problem using it. ! question tho, are we going to have to pay for

the reason I ask is because I use removeable harddrives all my games are on one, and all my burning/video editing software is on another, and then I have 3 more computers the kids use when they play against each other or when I have a server running, I just don’t want to have to buy 4 more copies of blindwrite suite. [/B]

u could alwayse just keep the one bought copy and install unregistered versions on the other systems, the autoplay should work fine with the trial version, although only thing u might have to worry about is if the trial exceeds the 30 day limit (cant remember if there even was a limit, shrug) will autoplay cease to function? that i dunno :stuck_out_tongue:

don’t worry, the autoplay client installer will be free of course…