Blindsuite 4.2.1

Need some help for a change I have the latest BlindSuite 4.2.1 installed and can not find any reference to the tool BWA Builder!

Is this a sperate program or is it intergrated into the BlindSuite?

Ok I have read about this superb program in another thread, can now backup SD2x and the New Securerom, no mention about the New SecureRom v4.0!

I have a Plex 12/10/32s and a Liteone x48, can someone please help me by letting me know what settings I need to use for both reading and writing to backup the above protection, and if you don’t mind I would like the settings for both drives. I really would appreciate this :wink: I spend lots of time helping other members where I can, so a little back in return is not asking very much :o

Greets to The Forum, The Diplomat;)

http://www.blindwrite.com/

a lot of info about it is posted on their newspage. im scouring it right now, as i dont have it installed.

this is verbatim

Blindwrite Suite 4.2.1

• Latest BWABuilder and how-to doc
  • Hardware database updated
  • Implement “media local density variation” (mldv, equivalent to twinpeak technique)

Quick tutorial for latest protection

1. Extract with BR
  2. Create a .bwa of the same base name using latest bwabuilder ( see doc with bwabuilder ) and place it in the same location than the image files.
    3 ) burn with BW using DAO pw or pq
  3. (only if you play the copy from a CD writer) run insektor V3 and turn on support
    5 ) Launch cd ( be patient with some drives )

downloading it now—seeing where it is. … ok, check in the folder that blindwrite creates, and select the ‘physical cd characteristic dumper’. its outside of the blindread/blindwrite programs. hope that helps.

also, please dont post the same question throughout threads in other forums.

Originally posted by ckin2001
[B]http://www.blindwrite.com/

a lot of info about it is posted on their newspage. im scouring it right now, as i dont have it installed.

this is verbatim

Blindwrite Suite 4.2.1

• Latest BWABuilder and how-to doc
  • Hardware database updated
  • Implement “media local density variation” (mldv, equivalent to twinpeak technique)

1. Extract with BR
  2. Create a .bwa of the same base name using latest bwabuilder ( see doc with bwabuilder ) and place it in the same location than the image files.
  3. (only if you play the copy from a CD writer) run insektor V3 and turn on support
    5 ) Launch cd ( be patient with some drives )

downloading it now—seeing where it is. … ok, check in the folder that blindwrite creates, and select the ‘physical cd characteristic dumper’. its outside of the blindread/blindwrite programs. hope that helps.

also, please dont post the same question throughout threads in other forums. [/B]

Thanks for the info, but please explain why I am being denied the liberty of posting the same question in another forum, are you a member of the same? I found the BWA Builder and the word doc inside the Blindwrite folder :slight_smile: So of course I don’t need too post elsewhere as I have the answer now

Originally posted by ckin2001
[B]http://www.blindwrite.com/

1. Extract with BR
    3 ) burn with BW using DAO pw or pq[/B]

Do I use this procedure for both Securom NEW and Safedisc 2.8x?

SD 2.8x doesn’t need BWA, only SecuROM does.

Originally posted by intercept
[B]

Thanks for the info, but please explain why I am being denied the liberty of posting the same question in another forum[/B]

because cdfreaks dislikes having members of senior standing posting the same question in multiple forums. i saw your question in multiple threads on our forum, club.cdfreaks.com , and i hope in the future that this wont be the case.

Originally posted by Airhead
SD 2.8x doesn’t need BWA, only SecuROM does.

FOR ALL

BW 2.8 can´t handle SD 2.8

I still don’t get it. when I create a blindwrite image of the cd and a bwa image of the cd and put all the files into the same folder, what do I do next? should I tell blindwrite where bwa image is during burning, or will blindwrite find it automatically, as long as it is in the same folder and has the same name as the blindread image?

I dont get it either. I found the BWA executable but I
dont understand how to run it? I looked over their
website and I dont see anything about it. When I select
BWA it gives me a read time chart (blank) labeled Linear
Density. What do I do then? Thanks.

Originally posted by mschiff

I am by no means an expert but I’ll share with you what worked for me with me liteon 48125W.
I set the bwa builder read speed to 4x and let it go. I didn’t change any other settings from their defaults. Once it is done reading the CD, save the .BWA file in the same folder as your image files you created with blindread. Do not check amplify weak sectors, it’s not needed anyway. Then run blindwrite and burn the disk. Worked first time I tried.

I made the image of Lord of the ring and burned it onto the CDRW using Alcohol v1.3.3.1017. Read the original which I burned with my Toshiba DVD 1402 and burned it with my Lite On 24102b. However the image work fine except the disc I burned. As soon as Blindwrite released the new v4.2.1.0 then I follow the tutorial from the Forum using the copy of an original which I burned couple of days earlier. 1) Extract with BR
2) Create a .bwa of the same base name using latest bwabuilder ( see doc with bwabuilder ) and place it in the same location than the image files.
4) (only if you play the copy from a CD writer) run insektor V3 and turn on support
But the backup of my copy didn’t work either no matter how many time I create the .bwa in the same folder i made the image. The original copy as I mentioned above using Alcohol isn’t working either anyway. Does it mean if I use the original and make the image made with Blindwrite and then create a .bwa will work? Can someone out there explain fully step by step tutorial how to use blindwrite builder? I read the help file and even went to their web site but I don’t even find anything except confusion.:a

@ gamesfanatic
Trying to understand your post…
"Read the original which I burned with my Toshiba DVD 1402 and burned it with my Lite On 24102b. However the image work fine except the disc I burned. "
that makes me very confused…

here is where it possibly went wrong…
"As soon as Blindwrite released the new v4.2.1.0 then I follow the tutorial from the Forum using the copy of an original which I burned couple of days earlier."using the copy of an original

You should of course use your original!

For me my Asus E616 DVD cant produce a correct BWA file, I had to use my Plex 12/10/32S for that.

Got it. I was able to copy and run it from copy.
I still do not understand what a Sheep burner is and
I have read the faq’s.

Got it. I was able to copy and run it from copy.
I have read the faq’s.

a sheep burner should THEORETICALLY be able to make perfect copies of safedisc 2 without the amplifying weak sectors. Theoretically… I made a perfect backup of hitman 1 and myst 3 (philips atapi 8x), but the Medal of honour didn’t work. have to try with Mafia yet.

I have read the faq’s.

Originally posted by WRFan
I still don’t get it. when I create a blindwrite image of the cd and a bwa image of the cd and put all the files into the same folder, what do I do next? should I tell blindwrite where bwa image is during burning, or will blindwrite find it automatically, as long as it is in the same folder and has the same name as the blindread image?
Have you guys worked this out yet? Build the .BWA file as discussed and save it to your image folder. When the .BWA file is present Blindwrite will use it in the course of writing - that’s all there is to it.

Yes, Worked it out but…

I burned it on an ASUS 48x. It wont play on it though.
In the same machine I have an Lite-On LTR24102B and it DOES
play on that one.

What I havent worked out is getting a definition of what a sheep
burner is and I HAVE looked through the FAQ link.

Thanks