Blindread reading

i’ve never successfully produced a copy using any of the cloning programs out there so I was hoping I’d get somewhere with Blidwrite suite. When you read a cd what does it mean when you get a ecc error. I think that’s the type of error I was getting. Does that mean that the read is unsuccessful? or should I just be ignoring these errors?

The Ecc/Edc errors are normal if you are backing up a Safedisc protected cd, there will be about 500-600 of them.

Thanks for that. So leaving Blindwrite suite on it’s default settings should backup most CD’s? What sort of percentage of copyprotected CD’s can Blindwrite successfully copy? I know this is a how long is a piece of string but a rough guide is all I’m interested in. Basically how often am I likely to run into problems?

Do enable extraction of subcodes though when making backups of Securom titles
And if they are Securom version 4.8 or higher, you will need to extract the physical data to a BWA (tool is included with Blindwrite/Read)

Originally posted by databug
What sort of percentage of copyprotected CD’s can Blindwrite successfully copy?

That really depends on your reader/writer combination/s. Successful copying of copy protected cds is, in most cases, hardware dependent.

That leads me on to another question. How do i find out wich copy protection a CD is using? I’ve seen some tools out there but wich is the best one or a good reliable one?