Blank .VOBs

Is DVDFab suppose to remove a completely blank .VOB file? I noticed after doing a custom job, that I have a 400+ MB .VOB that is completely blank(no audio and just black video). Is this normal, why doesn’t it get completely removed if no video from it is being used?

Thanks.

[QUOTE=mtobc;2296134]Is DVDFab suppose to remove a completely blank .VOB file? I noticed after doing a custom job, that I have a 400+ MB .VOB that is completely blank(no audio and just black video). Is this normal, why doesn’t it get completely removed if no video from it is being used?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Before we can comment intelligently, we’ll need to know several things.

• What is your system? (O/S, drives, Mobo & chipset, CPU etc.)

• What version of Fab are you using?

• What other software is on your system (anti-virus, DVD burners & ripping software, Malware software, etc.)

• What burner are you using with Fab?

Please advise.

OC

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=OCanada;2296312]

• What version of Fab are you using?
    [/QUOTE]

The latest 6.xx on Vista x64

[QUOTE=OCanada;2296312]

• What is your system? (O/S, drives, Mobo & chipset, CPU etc.)

• What other software is on your system (anti-virus, DVD burners & ripping software, Malware software, etc.)

• What burner are you using with Fab?
    [/QUOTE]

Are you serious. I drive a Toyota and like Jazz.

I have never found any ripping software give a completely clean rip.
To achive that, I use PgcEdit and FixVTS (in that order).

[QUOTE=mtobc;2296134]Is DVDFab suppose to remove a completely blank .VOB file? I noticed after doing a custom job, that I have a 400+ MB .VOB that is completely blank(no audio and just black video). Is this normal, why doesn’t it get completely removed if no video from it is being used?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]It depends on which copy mode you were using and your settings. Be more specific.

I was using the custom mode(dvd to dvd) with output to the hdd. I know the program inserts black screens/logo for video you choose not to keep, however in this case, an entire vob file was blanked --why not just remove it. Was it suppose to remove it? Is this the programs function?

It depends on the structure of the original DVD, but it sure sounds like it should not have been in the output, especially from Customize mode. Make sure PathPlayer is set to the “Always Enable” position in Common Settings. I don’t remember ever having that happen, but a DVD with many minutes of black video would be very unusual.

Yeah, it’s kind of weird. The file in reference is the very first vob file --VIDEO_TS.VOB. I’m thinking it was a bunch of previews that I cut out. It’s 6:05 long and is 438 MB large.

I guess the question is: Could removing this file cause any harm. I’m no expert, but is it possible that something could reference the file and cause the dvd not to work if it is were missing?

Thanks.